X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6s. Battery conectors

Bit of a newby(should no by now). Question. I have been using non rc 240 volt household connectors. A pain in the neck. Finally have good soldering iron;;;. I find i find xt 90 hard to solder. Looking at u tube it looks like ec5 easier. To not melt the plastic. Any advice. Or further info. Thanx

For my 2c XT90 is much easier. EC5 (and 3) requires you to get the solder amount just right, otherwise it spills over when you push the wire in and is then a pain to press into the plastic housing. Too little and the solder will let go eventually.

If you're melting XT90 then you're holding the heat on too long. Along with a hot iron you want a big tip, especially when you start working with 10ga wire. Tin the heck out of everything, including the tip, and youll find the solder flows pretty easily.

Then unsolder it all when you realise you forgot to slip the insulating cap onto the wires ;)

That said, go with whatever you're most likely to encounter. If everything you buy comes with EC5 then it doesn't make sense to change it all over to XT90 for the sake of it (even though that's exactly what I do lol).

Comment

So far all xt 90 batteries. But all ec5. Esc. Thanx again

Comment

Working...
      X