X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Rc Suggest 10 cycles on new battery

I recently purchased 2 admiral 4000mah 6s batteries, I charged both at 4.0 amps. The first battery charged in 20 minutes with all cells balanced, while charging the second battery the cell voltages continued to bounce never balancing. The battery did charge to full voltage the cells never balanced . I cycled the battery 3 times I contacted Motion via a support ticket and received this response

Wayne Mallaber posted 11/17/2020 4:52 PM
    before
    John,

LiPo Batteries typically take about 10 Cycles to level out and most times they are pretty even right away. The one you have is not out by much so if you could cycle it a few times and see if that does not help. You may be surprised after 2 or 3 cycles they even right out. If you do not have success with that then please let us know.

Best Regards,

I have never had to cycle any new battery in order to get the cells balanced, so this response smells of BS to me.
    any feedback would be appreciated.

How unbalanced are they? The cells on my LiPos can typically range from 4.18 to 4.21 when fully charged. This does NOT concern me.
    I started cycling my batteries the past year or two. The cycling is not to get them to balance but to "season" them. Whether or not seasoning a new battery will help them to balance is another story. I now cycle all new batteries 3 times - charge/discharge to storage, repeat 2 more times before using them in a plane.
    B.S. or not, that's up to you.

Comment

Funny thing shortly after making this post, I received the following

John,

Please resend the photo of the Serial Number as a portion of it was cut off. Once we have that we can send out a replacement. Do not send back the defective battery.
      Best Regards,

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X