X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon vs Pro

I am flying an Admiral Pro 6s 6000mah 50C in my 1600mm Corsair. I am looking to buy 4 more batteries. I am not a full throttle guy(I will make 1 or 2 speed passes on each pack). Most of my flying is 60%-75%. The Carbon 5100mah 70C looks enticing and its cheaper(not by much). Is it worth swapping to the Carbon? I am not concerned because of the higher C rating, I am concerned with the difference of flight time. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by msdt74 View Post
    I am flying an Admiral Pro 6s 6000mah 50C in my 1600mm Corsair. I am looking to buy 4 more batteries. I am not a full throttle guy(I will make 1 or 2 speed passes on each pack). Most of my flying is 60%-75%. The Carbon 5100mah 70C looks enticing and its cheaper(not by much). Is it worth swapping to the Carbon? I am not concerned because of the higher C rating, I am concerned with the difference of flight time. Thanks in advance.
    I am having the same kind of questions. I have the Gripen with thrust vectoring. Only have 3 warmup flights on it and have not used the TV unit, yet. Using Admiral 4000 mah 6s Pro batteries and they do ok. Flight time is kinda short and I can only think it will get shorter once I get flippy with it ! I was seriously looking at the SMC Lihv cells or the Carbon 5100 70c. I like the promise of extra power with the LIHV although my present charger would need to be upgraded. The discharge curve on the Carbon 5100 looks enticing. I am leaning towards those since I have the charger for that. If you have used the Carbon 5100 in the past 3 years what was your experience ? I did see a video of a Freewing Twin 80mm edf using the Carbon 5100 and the giggles by the pilots seemed to indicated they were impressed! They got over 5 minutes of mixed flight.

Comment

Working...
    X