Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accu admiral

Hello,
    I am new, and I just bought an admiral 3S 2200mha 35C battery pack.
    Could you tell me what would be the best break-in method for the first use?
    Thanks
    Diiity

Bonjour,

Je suis un petit nouveau, et je viens d'acheter un pack d'accu admiral 3S 2200mha 35C.

Pourriez vous me dire quel serait la meilleur méthode de rodage pour les première utilisation?

Merci

Diiity

Cycle it 3 times. Some chargers have the ability to do cycles. You put it on balance charge, charge it up full at 1C (100% - 4.2v/cell), let it rest for 10 minutes, discharge at high C down to 3.8v/cell, rest. Repeat this 2 more times. Then charge to full the night before going flying. If your charger won't do this automatically, then you'll have to check it periodically and do the next step manually.
    Note: 1C charge means if it's a 2200mah battery, charge it at 2.2amps. Discharge at high C means to discharge it at the highest amps that your charger will allow. That's usually around 8amps. That is closer to what it would discharge like while being used in a plane. If you charger doesn't have a setting for discharge amps, then go with double or triple the battery's capacity.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, a retiree is very very busy😃

Thank you for this info

Diiity

Bonjour,

Désolé pour le retard, un retraité c'est très très occupé😃

Je te remercie pour cette info

Diiity

Comment

My charger is charging / discharging but the discharge goes down to 3.30v, I can set it to 3.4v, is it good?

Re,

Mon chargeur fait charge / décharge mais la décharge descend à 3.30v, je peux le réglker à 3.4v, est ce c'est bon?

Comment

Are you sure that you can't set it higher? 3.4 may be too low as an end point, especially if you are about to leave the battery that way after the last cycle and not use it for a while. You may have to monitor it as it gets down there so you can shut it off early. Another option is to let it go like you have it, then after the last discharge, put it on to "storage" mode, which should be closer to 3.7. Storage charge for shipping purposes is not down to about 3.75 but 3.8 is a better place to store LiPos.

Comment

What I'm going to do is charge at 1C and 4.20v then discharge using storage mode at 3.8v.
            On the other hand in storage mode, I can go up to 20A, is it not too much?

Ce que je vais faire c'est de faire des charges à 1C et 4.20v puis des décharges en utilisant le mode stockage à 3.8v.
            Par contre en mode storage, je peux aller jusqu'à 20A, est ce c'est pas trop?

Comment

Originally posted by diiity View Post
              What I'm going to do is charge at 1C and 4.20v then discharge using storage mode at 3.8v.
              On the other hand in storage mode, I can go up to 20A, is it not too much?

Ce que je vais faire c'est de faire des charges à 1C et 4.20v puis des décharges en utilisant le mode stockage à 3.8v.
              Par contre en mode storage, je peux aller jusqu'à 20A, est ce c'est pas trop?
              20A might be too much, except for 5000mah batteries. Personally, I don't use more than double (2C) the battery capacity when discharging, but since these are 2200mah, you could go 4C (8.8A)

Comment

Thanks very much
                diiity

Comment

Working...
                X