X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing lighting plug type?

Can someone tell me the name/type of the 2 wire black plug used for lighting on Freewing/Flightline planes?

I don't see the black plugs themselves available at Motion.

I appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Eddie

Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Can someone tell me the name/type of the 2 wire black plug used for lighting on Freewing/Flightline planes?

I don't see the black plugs themselves available at Motion.

I appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Eddie
    I couldn't find those connectors either that are for lighting on the FW/FL planes. I have been using an opposing JST BEC style connector with them. They don't connect flawlessly in the sense of a "lock and key" perfection. The JST connectors have that little middle lip on them to prevent incorrect polarity connection, whereas these black connectors do not. Also, I've found some red JST connections that have the reverse polarity in comparison to the black lighting plugs you pictures, so I have to always be 100% sure I am plugging everything in perfectly. This may not be ideal, but allows me to connect things up if and when needed. Hopefully someone will have the exact connector type and a place where they found it. Alternatively, we can take the plug/connector off and recrimp a connector and use a designated sleeve of choice (like both a male and female red JST connector) instead of the connectors these planes are coming with.
    Attached Files
    Instagram: @tcat.rc.creations

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate the info. Have you used the JST female connector to plug into Freewing circuit boards? Snug?

Comment

I haven't tried plugging it into the board. It may be too loose of a connection and would probably slip around when connecting it to the board, which would be unsafe and unreliable. I've only used the connection from male black lighting plug into a female (housing) red JST connector and that seems to fit pretty snug and isn't enough worry for me when dealing with just lighting.
        Instagram: @tcat.rc.creations

Comment

Is there a physical limitation that you need the two conductor connector? I typically just use the standard servo connector with just two wires myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            Is there a physical limitation that you need the two conductor connector? I typically just use the standard servo connector with just two wires myself.
            Not really a limitation. I want to makeup extensions to take wing tip lights that are plugged into a circuit board in each wing and bypass ribbon going to fuselage board ( lights only). This is for the Freewing T-45, right now they flash and I want wing tip nav lights to be steady on.
            I want to take light lead and go straight to main board steady on pin. I didn't know if servo connector will fit 2 pin on board, I'll do that. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X