Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio Info?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Info?

Can you guys please tell me about these:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...sky-x10-silver

Since I am returning to R/C there are a few new brands of radios that I am unfamiliar with.

Hi Snoopy,

Motion RC has just started carrying the line of FrSky radios and they are new to us. However, please see the link below which includes a video that gives a brief insight into them.

​​​​​​https://www.motionrc.com/collections...lver#video-tab

Martin.

Comment

Hello, I am relatively new to RC airplanes. I have a Spektrum DX-8 and am wondering if that Admiral RX1000 10 channel receiver that MotionRC has advertised will bind to my radio and just operate the first 8 channels? Or am I limited to only an 8 channel receiver? Does anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by U-2 View Post
        Hello, I am relatively new to RC airplanes. I have a Spektrum DX-8 and am wondering if that Admiral RX1000 10 channel receiver that MotionRC has advertised will bind to my radio and just operate the first 8 channels? Or am I limited to only an 8 channel receiver? Does anybody know?
        Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Yes, you're exactly right...it will work on 8 channels just fine.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

We've used 4 ch transmitters with 6 to 8 channel receivers for over 30 years. We've also used 4 channel receivers with 6 to 18 channel transmitters.
          No problems as long as the receiver's frequency and encoding protocols match the transmitter.

Actually ALL of the old 72 mhz receivers processed 8 channels of data, (same for the transmitters) and its similar for the 2.4 ghz (based on 8 or 10 "real" channels based on brand). They just "play games" splitting the last 1 or 2 "real" channels to get the extras for "X Plus (Spektrum) or whatever the other brands are calling their extra channels.

About 15 years ago there was a company selling an add-on encoder/decoder set to convert ANY single channel (choose by which channel on the RX you plug it into and where you wire it on the TX) for 8 on-off functions. Those little devices still work if wired into any modern radio. (but not on the X-Plus added channels, which have already been split from a single channel (channel 10) using a similar technique)
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thanks for the answer. It is good news.

Comment

Working...
            X