X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• output on receiver when using a 3 way switch on transmitter

i have a hitec gyro that i have added to my plane. but i only have 4 channels on transmitter...so if i con find out what the outputs are for each position of a 3 way switch then i can put a switch in the plane and at least be able to choose a mode and make changes to the settings

Lets say you plugged the gyro control to the throttle channel:
    Depending on the gyro and which function you are attempting:

It can be 0%-100% gain proportional to stick position.
    It can step through its intended switch position settings as the stick is moved. You'd have to pass a certain point in any given activation range before going back.

This also applies to operating most of the servoless retracts. Somewhere in mid range the retracts would change positions. There will be a "dead band" in the middle and you have to go all the way through that dead band and back into it in order to make the retract move again, just returning to the full throw stick position won't work.

the default 3 position switch outputs for each position would be 0%, 50% and 100%.

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

thanks for the help
      so would that be 0v...3v...and 6v
      its a hitek gyro...symbol shows to be a positive input.....nope my bad its really a square wave symbol

Comment

Its not volts.

Its pulse length in the range of minimum to maximum.

Its a "relic" of the Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) that was used for so long with AM and FM radios. Now the 2.4 ghz transmitters actually send a digitally encrypted code signal to the RX and then the RX decodes that into the analog pulses (with digitally defined incremental values) which are sent to the servos, ESC(s) and other devices connected to the RX.

Eventually they'll go to digital values sent from the RX to the servos etc. But they have to use the analog to be backward compatible to all of the older servos (which all still work)
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

To summarize: that gyro will be looking for a pulse from ~1mS to ~2mS wide, repeating every 20mS or so. To have a switch control it instead of the receiver, you would need a pulse generator controlled by that switch that changes from ~1mS to ~1.5mS to ~2mS with each position of the switch.

Comment

Working...
          X