X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR6210 on eBay

I recently purchased an AR 6210 on eBay and was wondering if anybody else has done the same? Although they are marked with Horizon Hobby logos I am wondering if these are actually knock offs and whether they actually work or are reliable. Has anyone else encountered these products? They have apparently been discontinued at Horizon Hobby so I’m wondering about the validity of these that are for sale on eBay. Your help and responses are greatly appreciated.

Hello Middsmx,
    Whether you actually got a bona fide Spectrum Rx or a knock off is speculative.
    This reason I say this is because it has been a sadly known fact that knock offs have been sold via eBay.
    The key indicator is being able to acquire these devices at greater than half or more than NIB prices.
    These knock offs usually rear their ugliness with a problem during flight which the user then sends in to HH who then validates it as not Spektrum equipment.
    Been many a posting on the forums about this from those that got burnt.
    Buyer Beware ;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

It is my understanding that the AR 6210 became obsolete and was replaced with the AR 610. I am not sure if this is a knockoff or the selling off of excess stock. I am posting a couple of photos of the receiver and if these are a knockoff using Horizon Hobby’s name, then shouldn’t they be shutting down these sellers on eBay?

Comment

Looks exactly like my AR6210 RX. bought via a local hobby retailer that got it from Horizon.

Discontinued now.

The AR610 is not an expensive RX direct from Horizon.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Middsmx View Post
          It is my understanding that the AR 6210 became obsolete and was replaced with the AR 610. I am not sure if this is a knockoff or the selling off of excess stock. I am posting a couple of photos of the receiver and if these are a knockoff using Horizon Hobby’s name, then shouldn’t they be shutting down these sellers on eBay?
          Lickem stickem (look like real but are fake) labels have been used on the knockoffs.
          If you have concerns and want absolute proof then the only recourse is to have Horizon validate it's authenticity.
          I believe the reason that HH is not spending money/time going after a fringe market is probably the main the reason there is caveats seen like "buy only from an authorized distributor"
          Again, it becomes a buyer beware scenario if not buying from an authorized source.
          As fhhuber indicated, the AR610 is the replacement to the discontinued AR6210.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
          X