Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral 600sp reciever

Hi
    anyone have experience or opinions with this receiver?
    Need some stability here!
    thanks

The Admiral is a tweaked and slightly modified version of the Lemon one but the Admiral has the diversity antenna .................................
    http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=6676
    I've used previous versions of the Lemon stabilized receivers and they work really well. The stability is very effective and the planes ride like on rails. I've only tried the latest Lemon stabilizer plus in one plane and it was my fault for not reading the instructions. There are 17 pages to it and I thought I was smart enough to set it up just like the old Lemons - MY BAD. In non-stabilized mode, the plus worked just fine, with no problems in range or function. My big mistake was using a 2-position switch instead of the 3-position switch for the mode. I accidentally took off in "self recovery" mode - bad idea. I'm going to put it into a twin EDF with V-tail and read the instructions this time.

Comment

Thanks X! Much appreciated info

Comment

Loss of contact problems, Admiral 600 SP Receiver.
        I have tested 5 of these receivers and found 4 lack range. Four lost contact with taxiing testing. This is after range testing was found to be borderline. I tried multiple configurations with the antennae, even with one antenna outside the aircraft. These 4 receivers were defective in range, losing contact in my Freewing F-5 Tiger EDF and my Freewing F-16 70mm EDF. One out of the 5 works ok in my FMS T-28. Motion RC was very good in exchanging the first 2, but they were still a problem, losing contact with my Spektrum DX8 transmitter. Has anyone else had loss of contact problems?

Comment

I have used a coupe of the Lemon versions of this Rx. I've never liked the "diversity" antennas alone. They have been problematic for me in terms of range. However, the Lemon Rx's with the diversity AND the satellite antenna capable add-on have never been a problem. Unfortunately with this particular Rx, there is no sat antenna port.

PS. Do you have the two diversity antenna wires held at 90 degrees to each other?

Comment

Yes, xviper, I had the antennae at 90 degrees and tried the receiver in different places. I have used both Spektrum and Tactic receivers in many planes and never had this much problem with range and loss of contact. I believe there is a real problem here without the slot for a satellite antenna. We shall see after many of these are out there.

Comment

Bill, I think the RXs with only the diversity antenna is a bad design. I'll only buy the ones that have the sat antenna add-on capability.

Comment

Xviper, I have to agree with you after my experience with these. Thanks for your insight. I also note that the Spektrum 8 channel receivers that I have do not even turn on unless the satellite receiver that comes with them is attached. I guess this should tell us something.

Comment

Just a FYI in regards to satellite comparisons between Spektrum and Lemon(can't speak for Admiral even though they are made by Lemon)
                  A Lemon satellite capable(meaning there is a sat port) receiver does not require the satellite be connected for it to operate like a Spektrum does.
                  I have used both the 6 and 10 channel Lemon receivers without the satellite connected with no issues.
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                    Just a FYI in regards to satellite comparisons between Spektrum and Lemon(can't speak for Admiral even though they are made by Lemon)
                    A Lemon satellite capable(meaning there is a sat port) receiver does not require the satellite be connected for it to operate like a Spektrum does.
                    I have used both the 6 and 10 channel Lemon receivers without the satellite connected with no issues.
                    Same here and the Admirals are the same, I have about a dozen of the Admirals and they work flawlessly. I will be using the Admirals exclusively from now on:Cool:
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Xviper, I have to agree with you after my experience with these. Thanks for your insight. I also note that the Spektrum 8 channel receivers that I have do not even turn on unless the satellite receiver that comes with them is attached. I guess this should tell us something.
                      These RXs with only the diversity antenna "should" work as is, but ............................... I don't know if this is a valid observation that can be applied to all such RXs with the diversity wires. On one of Lemon RXs with only the diversity antennas where the plane crashed due to loss of signal, I took apart the RX casing and found that the solder at the end of each wire was very minimal and one of then had let go. I wasn't skilled enough to solder it back so I threw it away. For sure, it doesn't work well with only one wire soldered.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        I took apart the RX casing and found that the solder at the end of each wire was very minimal and one of then had let go..
                        AFAIK

If your Lemon receiver had two antennae soldered to the board it was not a "diversity antenna" receiver. The Lemon "diversity antenna" receivers use an IPX-3 connector at the board.Click image for larger version  Name:	diversity YES.jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.0 KB ID:	124181
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mine looked like that but instead of those little caps, mine were soldered.

Comment

I've only seen the two soldered antennae on this one, which is not a diversity antenna model.Click image for larger version

Name:	diversity NOT.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	124257

Comment

You may be right. They all look the same to me. That one had a sat antenna but when one of those small wires came unsoldered, the range was very poor - like the range test was sketchy.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                You may be right. They all look the same to me. That one had a sat antenna but when one of those small wires came unsoldered, the range was very poor - like the range test was sketchy.
                                MotionRC did post my problem on the review section for this receiver. I am very impressed that MotionRC would put up this review. MotionRC is the best in my opinion. The future users of this particular receiver will tell us how good it is. Thanks for everyone’s input.

Comment

I picked an Admiral RX600SP to go in my Cub build - Balsa and Hangar 9 Ultracote olive drab. The maiden flight went great and no problems or hint of a glitch. Gyro was off. So for you guys having problems - what kind and color covering are you using. Red? Metallics? Anything in common with structure? Speed controller?
                                  Just curious as there seems to be no middle of the road here - not a choice preference it seems, but rather they either work or not. Something puzzling going on, me thinks.

Comment

Working...
                                  X