X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum DX8(G2) programming for the FMS 1700mm P-47

Just purchased a new DX8(G2) transmitter. Is there anyone that could/would provide the setup for the FMS 1700mm P-47. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It's been over 24 hrs and nobody has posted a reply. This could be because it's a weekend and most people are out flying or hibernating in the snowy climates. It could also be that this question involves such a basic procedure that those who normally reply consider it to be something you need to learn on your own. If it's because the DX8G2 is different enough (which it isn't) from what you're used to using that people may feel that you need to read the manual for it. That's the best way to learn how it is programmed.
    Since I hate seeing someone just hang there, I'm going to give you some information that you may or may not find helpful and leave anything I've missed up to others who might wish to add.
    Your P-47 is a basic 6 channel plane (if you "Y" the ailerons and flaps, which most will do).
    1. Start with a new model in your memory and leave it on the default of "acro". Select wing type "1 aileron, 1 flap, normal tail".
    2. You can program things like the timer and the throttle cut as is comfortable for you. I select switch H for T.Cut and start off with no more than 5 minutes for this type of plane, assuming you are using a 5000mah, 6s battery. Less time if you're using a smaller battery. Check battery after each flight and adjust timer for safety and for optimizing flying time.
    3. Move throttle trim tab to the lowest possible, throttle down and bind it. All you really need for this is the throttle lead from the ESC to do this (assuming your ESC has a built in BEC). You can plug the other stuff in afterwards if you haven't done it already.
    4. Once bound, plug everything else into the receiver. By default (if you haven't touched anything in the channel assignment/switch assignment), the only things not always clear is the gear and flaps. The gear goes into channel 5 and flaps go into channel AUX1. Watch polarity. Gear is controlled by A and flaps by switch D.
    5. For now, check that all channels are in the correct direction (move the sticks). If not, use the reverse menu to change it. You won't be able to check flaps at this point until you input some numbers into the flap menu.
    6. Flaps: Go into the flaps menu and UNinhibit it. Now all the positions show up for you to input numbers. Begin by leveling the flaps if they aren't already. This can be done via servo travel menu for flaps. If you can't get it to level with what's available, then leave that menu (or you may need to manually adjust the flap rods) and go back to the flaps menu and start dialing in some numbers for the "0" flaps until they are level with the wing. Read what it says in the manual for how much flaps for 1/2 and full flaps. Move the flap switch to position "1". Now highlight that number and start scrolling till you see the flaps move to the desired deflection. You can start with an elevator compensation of 3 to 4% down. If this isn't working like you think it should, that might mean you need to reverse the flap channel in the servo reverse menu. Next, flip flap switch to "2" for full flaps. Now start scrolling till the flaps deflect to where you want them to be. Use an elevator compensation of 7-8% down. For flap speed, start with something like 3 seconds. After you've flown it and trimmed the plane out, you can make adjustments to the %'s and to speed to suit your comfort zone.
    7. D/R (dual rate) and expo. I separate the switches for these to "C" for ELE, "F" for AIL, "G" for RUD but some people like all 3 on the same switch for convenience. Nevertheless, all of these switches are 3 position. Again, check the book for what it recommends for HIGH and LOW rates and expo. High can be position 2, low can be position 0, with 1 being an average of these. Scroll and dial in the deflection as recommended for each position. EXPO may or may not be printed but this is a matter of personal taste. Some like lots of expo (as high as +50%) while others want zero expo. If you don't know, try something like 15 to 20% for each rate. Usually, I like high expo for high rate and lower expo for low rate.
    All this stuff is really basic and no matter what TX you use, it should be something you need to know how to do.

Anything else like voice prompts and differential or other stuff in the menu is a personal thing. If you don't know what they do, best to leave it alone till you learn what they do.
    Based on your username, I hope I haven't wasted my time.

Comment

Thanks so much xviper. I have never owned a spektrum radio and especially a radio with so many options. I just needed some idea of what to do to get started so I could learn by doing. I do appreciate your reply very much. As to the user name there was a detective TV show on years ago and the actors name on the show was the same as my name. The name of the show was Wiseguy and some of my friends gave me the nickname so I decided to use it as my user name. Maybe not a good idea. I think maybe I should change the nickname. Once again Xvipe I thank you very much for the information.

Comment

You're welcome. If you need info on any particular details, post it up here.

Comment

For some very basic information on Spektrum transmitters, YouTube has a series of videos that you might find very helpful ....................
          ​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...H7WWkE9Ma_R9nS

In particular, these two may have relevance to your situation .................... The second one is a DX8 -G1 but the principles are the same.

Sign Up On Our Forum!http://www.Rc-Help.com/forum.phpLike Us On Facebook!http://Facebook.com/RcHelpFinally, we are going to start setting up the model memory...

Sign Up On Our Forum!http://Rc-Help.com/forum.phpLike Us On Facebook!http://Facebook.com/RcHelpWhen you get your DX8, the first thing you should do is go int...

Comment

Working...
          X