X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactic Programming Throttle

Just the other day I went out to the field to fly and got in several flights on several different planes and went to my Grand Cruiser entered in for that plane and got the alarm for Throttle position (click yes to continue) as if it were on in the (wide open) mode. Problem is, throttle wasn't on. I've never had any issue with this before. I then took out the battery and tried it there again same thing. So, I then reversed the throttle position in the settings and got the same thing. I do have the manual. but need to dig it out. I've looked the best I could in all the settings and couldn't find anything different from any of the other planes. What am I missing here?
    Still Learning:D

Try bringing down your trim on the throttle . Some times its easy to get changed while doing things . It's going to be on that model only, so when you change to a different plane, it will be what you flew that model at last .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Thanks buddy, I'll check it out and try that. I was thinking that I tried that, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Comment

I've tried that and no such luck!

Comment

Don't know why it should change but try recalibrating the esc. I have both the 6 channel and the 8 channel Tactic transmitters and I've never had that problem.

Comment

I have been thinking about this and have no good ideas I fly a lot of Tactic stuff and haven’t had this issue before I hope you find it soon I’m interested to see what it is.

Comment

I looked in the manual and couldn't really find any helpful info. I may check RCGroups for some answers or may see I can call customer service for Tactic. It being a part of Hobbico I don't know how that'll go. When I find out I'll let ya'll know. I may just delete and start all over. I would just have to remember or write down all the expo and rates I have on it. Boomer I'm with you I've had any issue before and I talked to Hippie today he said he's never had this issue before.

Comment

Guys, thankfully I got the problem fixed. I could take the credit, but it I did I would be lying. I called Hobbico and spoke to Dexter in Customer Service and he helped fix it; It was all in the Throttle Curve. I sure don't ever remember doing anything to the it, but that was it. It for some reason was at 50% and needed to be set to 0. I can now fly the Grand Cruiser. Thanks Guys.

Comment

Wow that wouldn’t have ever crossed my mind glad you got it fixed and thanks for sharing what you found out.

Comment

Yeah, I looked in the manual and I talked to Hippie and we went through several things and couldn't figure it out. The guy I talked to didn't have any idea and he figured it out after a couple things going through the menu.

Comment

My wife bought me a Tactic TTX660 for Father's Day, so I could have one TX that would work for multiple models. In setting it up today, I bound the receiver for my Sensei, set up the channels for the WISE system and the drop hatch, and all those are working along with the rudder, elevator, etc., but I haven't been able to get the throttle to work. I've read through the manual, but keep thinking I must be missing some step in getting it set up. Any suggestions?

Comment

Not sure what the WISE system is but be sure you have the throttle plug into the 3rd set of pins on the Tactic rx. Also be sure that you don't need to reverse the channel

Bryan
                        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

The WISE system is their gyro stabilization. I typically leave it turned off, as the limiting on the control gets annoying very quickly. The throttle is on Ch. 4 of the receiver, where it says it's supposed to be. I've tried setting Ch. 4 to reverse, and the one time the throttle did work, it did so from having the stick all the way forward, then pulling it back to advance the throttle.

I need to see if the throttle is working on the Calypso. I paired the RX with the TX, but had the motor wire disconnected just in case in the process, it decided the throttle was in something other than the off position.

Edit: It said the throttle was on Ch. 4. Reversing Ch. 3 caused it to work on both the Calypso and the Sensei. Instead of trusting the instructions, I did the silly thing of looking at the channels on the actual receiver and tracing the wire connection.

Comment

I know is the past some of the Flyzone stuff use to have a safety feature that required to raise and lower the throttle to engage it . Try it, I'm just throwing things out to try

Bryan
                            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Bryan, Wise is just like the Safe system in a Spectrum system. Hoomi, in my case it was the throttle curve. Check that first.

Comment

I got it figured out. First problem was believing the instructions that said throttle was on channel 4. Once I realized it was on channel 3, reversing the servo made all the difference in the world.

Comment

Good deal! Glad you got it. I myself use Tactic too.

Comment

Working...
                                  X