X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably a stupid question

I know this may sound silly but I have a question I know someone on this forum can answer. So I'm finishing the touches on my new Fliteline F7F Tigercat. I've installed a Spektrum 6 channel AR6210 receiver (because I had several laying around). I'm also installing a Hobby Eagle A3-Pro stabilizer. My question is...with the A3 Pro it has 3 outputs Aileron, elevator, and rudder. I'm good there. But, if I want to take advantage of all the features the A3 Pro has I need to also hook up the Mode wire correct? Well....If I stick with my AR6210 I don't have enough channels right? Channel 1- Throttle, Channel 2- Ailerons, Channel 3-Elevator, Channel 4 -Rudder, Not sure what channel it is Aux 1 I believe for flaps, And one channel for the landing gear, (which this is the first plane I've had with landing gear) into Aux 2 I think? So that's all the channels and I have nothing left for the mode wire correct? So does this mean I need to upgrade the receiver to a 7 or 8 channel to take advantage of the mode wire? By the way I'm using a Spektrum DX8 V1 radio so I have 8 channels available to me. Thanks in advance for the help.

You don't need a gyro on the F7F, tamest plane I have. Gear on CH5 Flaps on CH6
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Well alright then. I was just going to use it because I didn't want to lose my beautiful plane. But I've heard the same thing from others so i guess I'll pull the A3 Pro out of it. I'm an okay pilot and can fly my 83" Cessna with no issues so hope this baby flies just as nice.
      Thanks for the response.

Comment

You don't have to hook up the lead for "mode". Left as is, you still have the gyro (default). You set the gains on the HobbyEagle. Start with very conservative gains, especially for AIL and ELE. The rudder gyro really doesn't do much. You can leave that one near zero gain. After each test flight, crank up the gain little by little till the plane begins to oscillate near max speed. Then land and dial it back a bit on the channel that oscillated.

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          You don't need a gyro on the F7F, tamest plane I have. Gear on CH5 Flaps on CH6
          I'll second that, The plane flies really nice without a Gyro.

Comment

I have a receiver with a built in gyro unit in mine. I can say that on or off the plane feels the same. It wasn't needed, but at the time I bought the plane and reciever, it was the only Frsky 6ch in stock. So I bought it and set it up for use using the same values I used in my CZ T28. Again, the stability of this plane is amazing. :)

Comment

Working...
            X