X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmitter/Receiver binding formats

I've always believed it's better to ask a seemingly dumb question, than to be afraid of looking dumb and instead making a dumb mistake.

I'm looking at picking up an upgrade transmitter that I can bind to my different aircraft, instead of having a separate TX for each one. Am I correct in assuming that the format codes such as SLT or DSM, etc., indicate which are compatible with which? I.E., my two Flyzone planes currently have SLT receivers in them, so if I tried to bind them with a Spektrum transmitter operating on DSM, they would not pair.

Or am I on the wrong tangent?

Thanks!

I am not familiar with the term "SLT". I know it as "Tactic". As far as I know, a tactic receiver will not bind with a Spektrum transmitter. I have a couple from the old days. Those receivers were quickly taken out and sit in a box of junk parts. They are not compatible systems. Depending on what type of model you have, you can simply swap out the Tactic Rx for a Spektrum one if you buy a new Spektrum Tx. However, if you have Flyzone models that incorporate the "receiver/ESC" style of electronics, then you have no option but to keep the transmitters for those planes.
    As you grow in this hobby, you will learn to not buy RTF models that come with its own cheap little transmitter. Those are great when you are just starting out but soon prove to be false economy as your collection grows. Instead, you will buy ARF (almost ready to fly) or RR (receiver ready) or PNP (plug and play), where you put your own receiver in the plane, or BNF (bind and fly) in the format of the transmitter you will end up with.
    Oh and these days, it's not necessary to buy Spektrum receivers. You can buy Spektrum compatible receivers like the Lemon brand of the Admiral brand (made for Motion RC by Lemon). These are a fraction of the cost of Spektrum Rx's and work just as well.

Comment

Working...
    X