X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral reciever / Spektrum set up

Hi everyone, I have a Admiral RX6600SP receiver I am using on my PT 40. My question is when I put the model in to the radio you select which wing type, well on mine I have 2 aileron servo and flaps. So if I put that in when I go to set up the recovery button the gear channel will not show up in the mix ( the mix would look like I > Gear ) . If I look at the channel assignments it shows the flaps should be assigned to the gear pins and the left aileron should be on the aux. pins. Should I just put the wing as 1 servo and flaps and use a Y - extension. Will that still allow the gyro to work ? Could some one who uses this receiver show me how they have it set up, please and thank you, I would still want the gyro system to work. Thanks in advance for all your help, I'm new at this and love to learn but hate crashing. Bob

I'm guessing this is the Great Planes PT-40 Trainer. If so then you will need to use the Y-Harness and select 1 Servo Aileron even though you have 2. The Gear channel remains unchanged and if the Plane has Flaps you will use Aux 1 but you need to change the Wing Type then to 1 Servo Aileron 1 Servo Flap. This will activate the Flap System Menu in the Functions List. Only the HobbyEagle Super 3 allows for 2 separate Aileron and Elevator servos to be connected by themselves. All the other Gyros you must use a Y-Harness even though you have 2 servos the Radio will see it as 1. Your Mix is correct in the way it is displayed so no worries there as we have had the manufacturer modify the Firmware so you can still use the Gear Channel for Retracts if the plane is equipped without affecting the Gyro Modes. If you have further questions please contact our Tech Support Mon-Fri from 7:30am to 6pm CST and or send us a Support Ticket at this Link. https://www.motionrc.com/pages/email-technical-support

Comment

Thank you Wayne, that is what I assumed, but you know what assumption can do sometimes. And yes it is a modified Great Planes PT 40 that I built. I put 2 aileron servos and cut in flaps. I really appreciate the help. Bob

Comment

hi guys i just bought a admiral reciever with gyro stabilization and the throttle will no run my 64mm edf i dontg know wht to do can anybody shine some light please

Comment

Hi Raysouza, welcome to Hobby Squawk! A gyroreceiver shouldn't influence whether a throttle will run or not. It's more likely that your radio's throttle trim is too high, or you need to calibrate your throttle. As a safety feature, many modern ESCs will not arm (i.e. will not spin the motor) unless/until the throttle stick is calibrated to the ESC. Assuming this is the case, it's a very simple process to calibrate the throttle:

1) Turn your radio on
          2) Move the throttle stick all the way UP
          3) Plug in your flight battery
          4) Quickly move your throttle stick all the way DOWN *before* you hear the three beeps
          5) You should now hear three beeps followed by a long beep, and your throttle should work.

For deeper assistance if this doesn't work, I recommend contacting the Service Team --they exist to help customers like you get flying, and they're experts at troubleshooting our products. Contact them here:

Note the time difference for their office hours, 8:00am-6:00pm CST, given that you're in Hawaii.

Mahalo nui loa!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
          X