X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rutabaga xmitter

I have an 8ch Futaba T8FG . My Question is about Throttle curve. Can any one tell me what settings to go with. I have the T 45 with a 90 mm fan. I currently start out at zero then to 25. I am told that it should be about zero then 40 . In addition The break needs to be OFF HOw to get that. Sorry guys I am new to this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
    H

For an airplane, it should be a straight line, zero at zero 25% at 1/4 50% at half 75% at 3/4 and 100% at full. Throttle curve is just for helicopter where you maybe want 60% at half stick, I’ve never heard of anyone using it on an airplane.

Comment

For "normal" airplanes, the throttle curve is linear. IE, leave it the way it starts out in any given new model. There is one plane that uses a non-linear throttle curve that I know of and it's my SebArt Mig 29. It's designed to hover and do 3D. In this type of flying the manual suggests a very steep throttle curve. As the stick is advanced, the throttle increases exponentially (rather than arithmetically). By the time it's at 1/2 stick, the throttle is around 80%. I don't hover mine, so I didn't like it and went back to a linear throttle curve.
      Brake is set ON/OFF via the ESC, not in the TX. It can also be set via an ESC programming card.
      PS. I've never heard of a Futaba being called a Rutabaga xmitter. Where did that originate?

Comment

Thank you guys about the transmitter steps. I don’t know how I got the rutabaga. Maybe a typo I think or a brain malfunction.

Comment

Autocorrect from Futaba, but from now on, I'm calling Futabas rutabagas....

Comment

Originally posted by Rcrmel View Post
            I have an 8ch Futaba T8FG . My Question is about Throttle curve. Can any one tell me what settings to go with. I have the T 45 with a 90 mm fan. I currently start out at zero then to 25. I am told that it should be about zero then 40 . In addition The break needs to be OFF HOw to get that. Sorry guys I am new to this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
            H
            Brake is a function of the ESC, not the TX.
            You can go through the beep code method of programming the ESC or get the programming card. I recommend the card.

Generally the ESC will ship with brake off.
            Brake will try to stop the prop with throttle slightly lower than where the ESC quits trying to rotate the motor. Its easy to test for brake on/off. Just get the prop spinning a decent rpm (using ESC power) and suddenly pull throttle back all the way.
            If brake is off the prop will spin down over a few seconds.
            Brake on, the prop will stop in just a couple of revolutions. and might throw off the prop if the nut isn't tight.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
            X