X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telemetry?

I have a question for those using telemetry can you see what the amp draw is on the motor in flight? I would like to be able to see the amp draw on a prop driven airplane with different size props or different voltage batteries is this possible?

I've been using the Lemon Telemetry products for several years now. In order to get amp draw, the device must have the plug-in that goes inline with the battery cable. Here is what I've been using:
    https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=3787
    However, this system is only good up to 60A. If you have more than this, you need this attachment and the device must be re-calibrated to read the higher amps.
    https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7763
    I've found these sensors to be quite fragile and not of high quality and the readouts are not that accurate. I use the telemetry primarily for altitude and temp. The devices with variometers are very annoying and I turn them off.
    You'll have to look elsewhere if you want accuracy but then you're looking at more money.

A standard watt meter will show amp draw but this must be used on the ground if you want to see it "live".

Comment

i just converted to a frsky horus x10 the telemetry is great gps max speed currant draw mah consumed ect ect just buy sensors.. love the rx with built in gyro ....put my amp sensor on a shunt just move it from plane to plane same with other sensors love this system also run a multi modual fly just about anything

Comment

Telemetry is mostly a neat toy. The really useful part is the ability to set low voltage alarms.

Yes, you an see the amp draw and even record amps vs time over the whole flight with some of these systems. (Spektrum you have to use an iPhone ap or find the conversion program someone wrote up for PC to read the log file that gets stored in the TX SD card)
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I use the low voltage alarms on all the prototypes I fly. With my Horus X10 I've also gotten used to using RSSI as well, which is helpful considering the "less ideal" locations where I need to fly. I've flown off rooftops, in construction zones, and many other places. RSSI and Low Voltage have never failed me.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
          X