You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Spektrum AR620 sport receiver problem.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spektrum AR620 sport receiver problem.

I bought this new antennaless receiver last week at our local hobby shop here in Chilliwack B.C. It has no channel labels on it. I tried. to do some research on it . There's not much out there. I wanted this new Rx on my new plane.. The plane required a throttle calibration. The Rx has a push bind button built-in. No more bind plugs. Tried the 2nd and 3rd port for throttle, thinking this is the ports they use. Anyway I got fed up and used one of my old Spektrum Rx. Why wouldn't they label where the plugs go? I feel like taking it back and getting a normal one with a satellite.

I can understand your conundrum..........rather peculiar that Spektrum omitted identifying each port in the manual as they have in the past on all other Rx.
    The standard port ID for Spektrum 6 channel Rx's has never changed and is as follows.
    1 Throttle
    2 Aileron
    3 Elevator
    4 Rudder
    5 Gear
    6 Aux 1

As you look at the ports, to the very left you can barely see the - + S connector orientation for the servo
    The ground (black/brown) is to the base/bottom of the Rx case and signal (white/yellow) is at top.

By using a Bind button they did away with the bind plug on port one and just re-labeled it as BATT which is what it normally served as on other Rx's such as the AR610
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Sometimes, we just have to take matters into our own hands and use a little common sense to determine what's going on. Generally, RX's channel 1 is throttle. As for the rest, whether it be a Spektrum or any other brand, we can test for this. You can bind a RX WITHOUT it being in the plane. Just hook up a power source like an external BEC that's been wired to connect up at least a 2 cell LiPo and plug it into any port on the RX to power it. Once bound, use an old servo to test each port using the TX to see which stick activates that port. Or follow OV10's guide. On Spektrum, that is what they usually are unless you've programmed the ports to do different things. I've seen on non-Spektrum RXs, port assignments have been all over the place.

Comment

Ok thanks for replies. I have some servos to bench test the Rx with.Not ruling out the common sense but they could put the channel assignments in the manual for new guys.Sometimes I'm under a time limit to do things.Don't want to cut into sleep time crunching what's wrong. Thanks again I'll test it when I get home.

Comment

It works fine. Learning something new here everyday lol. Technology is getting better every year. Gees they might even have a man on Mars soon.Thanks again.

Comment

I thought I'd post this picture up to show what I've done to make up a very inexpensive set-up for binding and testing receivers and servos outside of a plane. It can also be used to do the testing when the RX is inside the plane. It involves the use of an external BEC, in this case, a Turnigy BEC and an old 3s LiPo that I kept for this purpose. The RX in the picture is even one of the 636A's out of my Opterra. Any old, spare servo will do and a bind plug. Power it up and bind it, take out the bind plug and you have a powered up RX that you can use with your TX to check out what each port does. I even use this BEC and battery to power my servo tester.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3290.JPG
Views:	18254
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	166511

Comment

Nice setup. I can see where you can test everything, before installing into a model. I have a box of old parts and pieces an old friend left me. When I get some time over the Christmas holidays, I'd like to check some of them. Was thinking of scratch building a push prop air frame.

Comment

My AR620 came with a manual. The port assignments look like this.

Comment

Can't see the bottom of the picture. It's cut off. "Battery" is only if you are using an external BEC but can't say for sure since the picture is cut off. D looks like it can be used for telemetry if you choose to have such a device or it can be used as "Port 1". Unless the ports (C) are labelled you still have to test them to know what each one is for.

Comment

Heres the cutoff part of the picture. The 2nd pic shows +, - and s next to the pins. Can I assume that shows the orientation to plug in the connectors? The + is where the red wite goes, - for the black wire & s for the white wire?

Comment

If you use a typical ESC with a built-in BEC, the battery port (B) can be left empty. D is the throttle port, which will also double as providing power to the Rx from the built-in BEC in the ESC. Your TX can also show certain telemetry values automatically if it has that capability. You just have to scroll to find it (eg. Rx voltage). Ports 2 to 6 will likely be the typical arrangement for your servos. Do a test to confirm what each one does.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                        I can understand your conundrum..........rather peculiar that Spektrum omitted identifying each port in the manual as they have in the past on all other Rx.
                        The standard port ID for Spektrum 6 channel Rx's has never changed and is as follows.
                        1 Throttle
                        2 Aileron
                        3 Elevator
                        4 Rudder
                        5 Gear
                        6 Aux 1

As you look at the ports, to the very left you can barely see the - + S connector orientation for the servo
                        The ground (black/brown) is to the base/bottom of the Rx case and signal (white/yellow) is at top.

By using a Bind button they did away with the bind plug on port one and just re-labeled it as BATT which is what it normally served as on other Rx's such as the AR610
                        Just ran into this problem today installing this new receiver in my new FL Corsair 1600mm. It never occurred to me until I looked at the receiver and it wasn't labeled. Very strange but since their ports are always ID the same they may think we should know it. I just happened to look at another of my planes and confirmed. Just followed than configuration.

Comment

They indicate one port for the ailerons but there are two aileron leads. So now what would be the correct schematic?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Wachtel View Post
                            They indicate one port for the ailerons but there are two aileron leads. So now what would be the correct schematic?
                            You "Y" them together.

Comment

"Y" them together ? that's what I originally thought, but shop set up my Trex 470 with Spektrum AR610 Rx with "ail" for one side and "aux1" for the other.

Comment

Originally posted by ajmitch51 View Post
                                "Y" them together ? that's what I originally thought, but shop set up my Trex 470 with Spektrum AR610 Rx with "ail" for one side and "aux1" for the other.
                                Wait a minute! Are you talking about a helicopter? I thought so far in this thread, we were dealing an "airplane". Helis have swashplates and that's a whole other situation when dealing with "ail, ele".

Comment

So I got this ar620 spectrum reciver and I hooked it up to my 20 amp hitec esc and my motor powered it all on no trottle my servos work but no throttle

Comment

Originally posted by Question65 View Post
                                    So I got this ar620 spectrum reciver and I hooked it up to my 20 amp hitec esc and my motor powered it all on no trottle my servos work but no throttle
                                    Don't quite get the gist of what you're asking. You may have to rephrase it. What exactly did you plug into the RX from the ESC? You say the motor powered it all but a motor doesn't power anything, so please explain. Can you show a picture of the connections?

Comment

It's the lack of proper punctuation XV Put a coma after motor. Most likely the case of improper throttle stick calibration.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Normal setup just I have no throttle, and my esc is plugged port 1

Comment

Working...
                                        X