You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Spektrum AR620 sport receiver problem.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
    It's the lack of proper punctuation XV Put a coma after motor. Most likely the case of improper throttle stick calibration.
    OK, now I see it. I've gotten used to today's internet way of composing a sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Question65 View Post
      Normal setup just I have no throttle, and my esc is plugged port 1
      OV likely has the right point about the throttle calibration. Lower throttle trim all the way to the bottom. With TX turned on, put throttle stick all the way to the top. Now, plug in the battery to the ESC and as soon as you finish hearing the first set of beeps, lower the throttle to the bottom. Additionally, I can't tell from your picture if the plugs into the RX are of the correct polarity. Check that, too.
      Also notice that the throttle lead wires have some taped parts. Has that line been spliced a few times? If so, maybe check that the splices haven't come apart under the tape.

Comment

Hey thanks everyone for the feed back big help. BUT
        even when I tried calibrating the throttle it did nothing, in fact these not even any beeping when I plug in my battery. The esc is working (I think) cause I can use a servo. I checked the wires none are sliced.

I did find out something really odd thought. If I plug in my esc to port 6 it beeps I couple time like normal. Then starts beeping again but this time the esc sounds like its dying. And once I press and release the bind button throttle turns on, and turns of when I press the bind button. Sounds great exept theres not throttle control its etheir full power or no power

Comment

i would not recomend these AR260s I had two brand new ones and lost two planes

Comment

These Spektrum AR620s are not good two brand new ones and lost two plane on thier first flight, emailed horizzon and not even got back with a relpy
            so I will not be using these recivers again my TX DX8 second generation .

Comment

Originally posted by leschef View Post
              These Spektrum AR620s are not good two brand new ones and lost two plane on thier first flight, emailed horizzon and not even got back with a relpy
              so I will not be using these recivers again my TX DX8 second generation .
              Been using them since they came out with no problems as have many others I fly with.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                You "Y" them together.
                I put my 2 aileron servos on Ch.2 (AIL) and Ch.6 (AUX)
                Then had to enable {WINGTAILMIX] on my TX and turn on [DUALAILE]

Hope that helps :)

Comment

Originally posted by freeplay16 View Post

I put my 2 aileron servos on Ch.2 (AIL) and Ch.6 (AUX)
                  Then had to enable {WINGTAILMIX] on my TX and turn on [DUALAILE]

Hope that helps :)
                  That is always an option, especially if you want to be able to do individual adjustments to each AIL or if you want to do "flaperons" or "spoilerons". I was addressing the poster's questions about what to do with one AIL port and two aileron leads. I prefer to use the "KISS" principle whenever possible so as to not inject another variable that could confuse the issue being discussed at the time.

Comment

Im getting bad reports on these. Just ordered 2 of them and my flying buddies ate warning me not to use them. Elevator issues ? Can anybody confirm ?
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                      Im getting bad reports on these. Just ordered 2 of them and my flying buddies ate warning me not to use them. Elevator issues ? Can anybody confirm ?
                      Been using them from day one with no issues.

Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Any idea about my experience :
                        I have this ar620 rx new from store since a week. I binded with a skyfly nirvana with multi irange irx4 succesfully. It binds at DSMx and DSM2 (what protocol is savest to use?) . Nirvana's ch 1&2 are at the receiver port 4&5. I just need two ports for a flying wing (ncfm moth), so far so good. The thing is, when 2 servo's are connected i have unexpected movements on one of outputs, especialy with fast stick movements. The connected servo runs to its end and returns to old position. i've changed the servo, same problem. The other channel has no issue and is responding normal on stick movement. When i disconnect the normal working channel and the bad channel is the only one connected, the problem is over.. The receiver runs on 5xNiMh, servo's are futaba fs800 mg . Any light about this?

Pj,

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Been using them from day one with no issues.

Mike
                          Thanks I went ahead and gave them a try. A4 with HE a3L stab and 90mm F/A-18. Both work great. Was not so lucky with the Admiral 6 chan w/ stab.
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Thanks I went ahead and gave them a try. A4 with HE a3L stab and 90mm F/A-18. Both work great. Was not so lucky with the Admiral 6 chan w/ stab.
                            Yeah, I had issues with that Admiral too with signal losses.

I've got a couple of the AR620's. They work fine, never an actual hold for me, but I do get fairly high frame losses in my F-22 at times (>40) which I have setup as a warning on telemetry. Unfortunately, there's no way to add a satellite and changing the position of the receiver hasn't made a difference.

But honestly, without the telemetry, I would never know the reception is spotty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post

Yeah, I had issues with that Admiral too with signal losses.

I've got a couple of the AR620's. They work fine, never an actual hold for me, but I do get fairly high frame losses in my F-22 at times (>40) which I have setup as a warning on telemetry. Unfortunately, there's no way to add a satellite and changing the position of the receiver hasn't made a difference.

But honestly, without the telemetry, I would never know the reception is spotty.
                              Hi guys,

I fly the original Timber and fly it like it's a glider in thermals all the time and it has telemetry and it sends down frame losses to the radio with one time 1,010 losses one time, losses are not the problem in most cases it's the holds and I have never had a hold ever show up.
                              I have the FMS Fox 3000mm and added a AR1000 to it so that I could get battery voltage and I have seen frame losses with that also. I went to Menlow GA two months ago and put it almost out of site and it still had no holds. So fades are Ok and nothing to worry about is what I'm saying.

R.
                              AMA 424553

Comment

Have new AR620 in a plane connected with esc bec to throttle port. Just updated with new firmware (2.40) through programming cable. All servos working fine without issues that I can see. However, the transmitted rx voltage reads 4.2 volts as seen on my DX8G2 transmitter telemetry page. Actual rx voltage from bec measures 5 volts on voltmeter connected to + and - terminals of the batt port. I've tried this in the plane with motor and servos connected and on the bench without servos or motor connected. Also measured actual voltage on voltmeter on + and - terminals of ports other than the batt port and get the same result. BTW, I tried the older firmware version 2.34 and get the same results.
                                Anyone else seen this problem? I'm afraid to use this receiver as there may be other issues I don't see until it's in the air when it may be too late.

Comment

Called Spektrum and they sent a new one. New one transmits the correct rx voltage to the transmitter telemetry. Still don't know what caused the prior one to read show about 0.8 volts low.

Comment

Working...
                                  X