X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX6

I received a Spectrum DX6 for Xmas and I cannot figure out how to assign functions to the toggle switches. I am wanting to assign the gear to switch C and the flaps to switch G. I have tried to follow the manual but with no luck. I have never owned a Spectrum radio system so this is all new to me with the programming.

Those switches are usually used for other things but if you want them to be different, OK. You go to the channel assign menu, then go to the second page of that. There, you should be able to assign the switches as you please. However, before you can play with flaps, you need to tell the TX that you have a plane with flaps or it's defaulted to switch D and you have no way of changing the values of deployment. You must tell the TX that you have a wing type of 1 AIL, 1 FLAP. Then the flap menu opens up and you can then assign whatever switch you like in the flap system menu.

Comment

Thanks for the help xviper. I still am playing around with settings which helps me understand this radio a little more.:Ligthbulb:

Comment

Playing with it is sometimes the best way to learn what it can do. Just do it on a "test" model. The monitor will tell you how you're doing.

Comment

When experimenting to see the capabilities of the radio... I plug one servo per channel and use a 2cell LiFe. Then I arrange the servos sort of as if in an airplane.

Different mixes need different servo placements.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I went to Huntsville Alabama today to visit the hobby shop (The Hobby Barn). Took my DX6 and they helped me to understand the setting up of the radio, very helpful staff there. Its a bit of a drive to go there but worth it.

Comment

After getting my DX6 installed into my Tcat I was looking at a wire that came with my radio system and I am curious what this wire is used for.:Confused:

Comment

Working...
              X