X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Throttle Response

I have my Spektrum Dx6 bind to an Admiral Rx600SP but can't get throttle respinse. Help, please. One is in a Flightline P51 850 mm and the other in a Freewing Lippisch.

Also in the Lippisch if I move the right stick for ail only one of the ail on the Lippisch moves. If I move it for ele only one of the ele moves.

In the Quick Start Guide for rx the listed Travels are THR, AIL, ELE, RUD, GER, and AX1. On my tx the listed Travels are THR, RAL, LAL, RUD, GER, and FLP. Why is it different, and how can I change it?

Originally posted by Coconut View Post
    I have my Spektrum Dx6 bind to an Admiral Rx600SP but can't get throttle respinse. Help, please. One is in a Flightline P51 850 mm and the other in a Freewing Lippisch.

Also in the Lippisch if I move the right stick for ail only one of the ail on the Lippisch moves. If I move it for ele only one of the ele moves.

In the Quick Start Guide for rx the listed Travels are THR, AIL, ELE, RUD, GER, and AX1. On my tx the listed Travels are THR, RAL, LAL, RUD, GER, and FLP. Why is it different, and how can I change it?
    Sounding like mix setup n the elevator/aileron functions.
    You need to turn n the "elevon" mix if you TX has it. If not then you need a device between the RX and servos to do the mixing.

REMOVE PROP from the P-51 while diagnosing the throttle. Ensure the Lippisch is secured so it wn't go flying if the EDF suddenly blasts full pwer.

The throttle is probably an issue with direction (reversing) or "travel volume"
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Could you please explain what you mean by "travel volume"?

I bind my DX6 to my Apprentice with no problems. Everything works(thr, ail, ele, rud and the 3 modes for Safe).

So, I have no clue why when I bind to the Admiral RX600SP everything works except no throttle response. I corrected the AIL and ELE on the Lippisch by setting it to normal wing and rudder in the TX. I then had to reverse the servos in the TX, so they move in the right direction.

But, still no throttle response.

Comment

I just had the exact same issue show up on a new model... Freewing F9F Panther

DX-18, went to menu for TX programming (in the transmitter), Servo Setup, TRAVEL, slowly moved the low end to find I needed 112% to arm the ESC.

Tested to confirm I needed at least 110% to activate the programming mode for the ESC. (careful not to change programming)

Set TRAVEL to 120% for both the high and the low ends.

I'll look to see if they call it something else in the DX6 manual...

Once you have ANY control responding to the TX, you have confirmed you have completed binding successfully.

Comment

If you have the Gen3 version DX6, it is exactly the same for Travel adjust. Page 28 of the English manual.
          (by the manual's page numbers,not the PDF page)

https://www.horizonhobby.com/Product...&storeId=10151

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I did exactly what you said, and its working(set at 120, high/low).

Now my problem is finding a level spot for the rx in the Lippisch. Its too tight between the battery and ESC. I'm thinking about putting it in front of the battery, but the servo wires are to short.

Is it possible to use a y harness for the servos? If it is, which port will I plug it into?

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I did exactly what you said, and its working(set at 120, high/low).

Now my problem is finding a level spot for the rx in the Lippisch. Its too tight between the battery and ESC. I'm thinking about putting it in front of the battery, but the servo wires are to short.

Is it possible to use a y harness for the servos? If it is, which port will I plug it into?
              No, you cannot link the servos on an elevon plane. Each servo MUST go into their own separate ports. With the P15, that's going to be the AIL and ELE port, with the TX set to "elevon". Here's my RX in my Lippy. My RX is a Lemon 6-ch and I built a wooden shelf to mount my HobbyEagle gyro. For you, your RX (with gyro) can be mounted on a shelf like mine. The battery slides all the way back under that shelf. I would suggest (but it's up to you) that you program in about 3 degrees of "reflex" on the gear switch so that launching it will be easier. Even at full power, this plane can drop a bit after the toss. A bit of "UP" elevator will reduce that tendency. Once it's up and climbing well, switch off the reflex and throttle down.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3349.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	190028

Comment

I've thought about doing the shelf like yours, or velcroing it the battery.

Comment

The back end of that shelf is a "V" shape. Just cut the wood to a relative shape and hotglue it in there.

Comment

I've never calibrated my ESC's. I'm wondering if I should. I haven't noticed any lack of power while flying. I did have a problem when I first set up my planes. I wasn't getting any throtlle response. I increased the travel for throttle and started getting throttle response. Is that the same as calibrating the ESC?
                    Also, I saw a video from Air Marshall about calibrating the ESC. He said to move the throttle stick from full power to zero after the first series of beeps. Is it after the first pause in beeps or second pause? I'm not sure, but I think he did it after the second pause.

Comment

I've never calibrated my ESC's. I'm wondering if I should. I haven't noticed any lack of power while flying. I did have a problem when I first set up my planes. I wasn't getting any throtlle response. I increased the travel for throttle and started getting throttle response. Is that the same as calibrating the ESC?
                      Also, I saw a video from Air Marshall about calibrating the ESC. He said to move the throttle stick from full power to zero after the first series of beeps. Is it after the first pause in beeps or second pause? I'm not sure, but I think he did it after the second pause.
                      So, if I am understanding this, you set up the plane, brought down the trim to arm the ESC then just flew it?

To answer your question, no. What you did is not the same. You want to calibrate the ESC so that your Throttle stick gets access to the full power range of the model. I made this video that shows you exactly how to change any option on the ESC for that P-51.

But ESC calibration is the first option. SO yes, what Dave Marshall showed is correct. The steps you take are...

Power on your Transmitter > Move Throttle stick to top position > Plug in your aircraft (prop off for safety) > Wait for the first series of beeps to stop (which you can hear in the above video) > Bring your Throttle stick all the way down > Aircraft will then arm the ESC normally and your throttle is calibrated.

PS. Make sure you center the throttle trim setting on your transmitter prior to doing this or you will calibrate your esc wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X