X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is detrum going out of business

Ive notice Motion is not even listing the 8 channel rx with gyro, found a few online shipped from china. So Is detrum going away, is Motion RC going away from them?

dont say that gr8 value all my dynam stuff works well one transmiter problem but my fault abuse

Comment

I agree, bought my first plane this year, have 6 planes now, all but 2 are set up. As a life long shotgunner, rifle, pistol, archery, and any other endeavour that requires muscle memory. Changing the equipment is never a good thing.

Comment

true all my stuff dynam electonics planes etc all that stuff made we all no where ,,,,,,,,, scale fidellity bla bla costs we all add too or change things no matter price point gear only issue ,,,,but not hard to change

Comment

No it's easy as pie to change out, i like motion rc and the great customer service, awe inspiring planes, and dedication to the hobby. Im sure ill go with whatever radio systems they are able to carry in stock.

Comment

been reading some other posts,,,,,,,,, ahn politics

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
              Ive notice Motion is not even listing the 8 channel rx with gyro, found a few online shipped from china. So Is detrum going away, is Motion RC going away from them?
              Hi Drake, as you know, our business is built on customer service. As Tom as intimated in other posts on similar threads asking about products we sell, our first priority is ensuring those products continually meet our requirements. Factors aren't restricted to initial quality and value, but also consistent access, warranty support, profitability, etc. As products and their life cycles evolve, their adherence to our requirements might change. Over the years, there are examples of products we didn't carry initially, but eventually they met our standards and we carried them. Conversely, there are examples of products that we did carry, but eventually they ceased meeting these critical requirements. We hope it never happens, but sometimes it does, and failing a solution behind the scenes, an adjustment must be made.

It's not personal; We carry over 30 brands on MotionRC.com, and yet observers will notice we don't sell all of any single brands' products. Even our upper tier brands like Freewing and Horizon produce models we don't carry for any number of reasons, including possibly one of those mentioned above.

The bottom line is our website, as an evolving online resource, is a reflection on any given day of the products we know we can sustainably deliver, service, and support.

I hope this answers your question and gives you confidence. Thanks for the continued opportunity to earn your business!
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
                I agree, bought my first plane this year, have 6 planes now, all but 2 are set up. As a life long shotgunner, rifle, pistol, archery, and any other endeavour that requires muscle memory. Changing the equipment is never a good thing.
                With only 6 planes, it is easy to switch over to more "mainstream" radio gear (unless you don't plane to stay in the hobby for long). Wait till you've gone through over 150 planes, of which 45 are still in the current inventory of active models, then it's hard to switch. I've had several Dynam products and still have a couple. They are reasonably priced and of "adequate" quality although the consistency of quality, form and function tend to vary greatly from one model to another. Dynam started off being the "economy" brand, with products that were usually made from low end components and the end user needed to upgrade and/or do mods to get them "right". Dynam got better through the years, then they seemed to stall and some models took backwards steps in the quality department. Additionally, their demands on their sellers were unrealistic. Alpha made his comments from the business point of view. Mine is from a consumer's point of view.
                I did get a couple of Dynam planes that were BNF and I immediately threw out the RX because I didn't want to buy the Detrum TX. At the time (and I believe it's still the case today) Detrum was and is a much less widely used line of gear. Beginners love them because of the cost and ease of entry, but they soon realize when they start going to flying clubs that people have never heard of that brand and all you see are Spektrum, FrSky, JR, Futaba. They look at Detrum and this glazed stare comes over their faces. You gotta wonder why. We mostly tend to "love" what we started with because that's we got familiar and comfortable with but when it comes to Detrum, as you progress deeper into this hobby, you will begin to wonder why the popular, newer products don't align with them and as you've already noticed, why it's hard to acquire the product. Even the best known seller of Dynam, "Grayson Hobby", is selling less and less Detrum stuff. The one seller here in Canada, that used to sell a lot of Dynam products, no longer sells anything Detrum and only stocks a few left over parts for Dynam planes. I talked to the owner a couple years ago and he told me Dynam makes it very hard to be a seller. It looks like they are getting away from Dynam altogether. If you really want Dynam/Detrum products, you may have to go directly to them and buy directly from China, if you can even do that.

Comment

Thank you Alpha for your information, and xviper i understand your point, swapping out a rx is a easy thing.

Comment

It's much harder once you've got dozens of planes in the fleet. If you're going to change, the best time is when you don't have to buy so many RX's. Once you get up to dozens of planes, the cost of the RX's will overtake what the TX cost.

Comment

Working...
                    X