X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spektrum dx9g2 teem airspeed readout?

I have recently figured out how to get the voice responses mapped for gear and brakes, which is great! Was watching a newer youtube video earlier and apparently you can map the readout of your groundspeed with the flip of a switch? anyone know how to get this working? I have looked in the manual...

I don't have the Spektrum airspeed device (mine's from HobbyKing) and I can't tie it in with my TX. What do you mean by "mapped"? Do you mean you want it to vocalize the airspeed every XX seconds? Do you have the module and pitot tube that's required for Spektrum? If so, you should be able to go to the telemetry menu and see it there as one of the items you can turn on and from there, you should be able to turn on the vocalization and assign a switch. I'm just guessing since I don't have the Spektrum device (SPMA9574). You also need the telemetry module to make the speed sensor work (TM1000). This is my understanding. Do you have both of these?

Comment

The speed and voltages and other telemetry voice settings are turned on in the telemetry section of the DX-18. I suspect it will be the same for the DX-9
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        I don't have the Spektrum airspeed device (mine's from HobbyKing) and I can't tie it in with my TX. What do you mean by "mapped"? Do you mean you want it to vocalize the airspeed every XX seconds? Do you have the module and pitot tube that's required for Spektrum? If so, you should be able to go to the telemetry menu and see it there as one of the items you can turn on and from there, you should be able to turn on the vocalization and assign a switch. I'm just guessing since I don't have the Spektrum device (SPMA9574). You also need the telemetry module to make the speed sensor work (TM1000). This is my understanding. Do you have both of these?
        I watched a video recently of a guy flying and he flicked one of his switches as it flew by and it seemed to read out his airspeed....

Comment

Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post

I watched a video recently of a guy flying and he flicked one of his switches as it flew by and it seemed to read out his airspeed....
          Do you have the speed displayed on the screen of the TX?

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Do you have the speed displayed on the screen of the TX?
            you have to scroll over to get it. While I'm fling the a10 or L39 unless someone is with me I probably won't be screwing around with that yet as I am not fully comfortable flying them yet

Comment

OK, it seems you've got the display, so you have set "airspeed" in the telemetry menu, correct? In there, you should have picked how long the interval is that you want the status report to tell you how often you want it to notify you. Then have you gone to "custom voice setup"? In there, "add new sound event"? That should take you to "Custom Voice Event". In there, you select "Switch Change Report". Click on "Inhibit" and select a switch that you have unused that you want to use for voice alerts of airspeed. In there, you should see "Switch ?" and <silence> for every switch position. Pick a position and click on it and that should take you to a menu where you can select "airspeed". Select it and now that switch position will announce in voice your airspeed and the other switch positions will be silent.
              Oh, turn up the volume so you can hear it. You TX manual should tell you how to do that.

Comment

You need the appropriate telemetry sensor. Not all spektSpe receivers support xbus telemetry modules.

sensor here

​​​​​​https://www.horizonhobby.com/aircraf...cator-spma9574

You could also opt to get groundspeed via the GPS sensor.

Once you install the sensor, you can set call outs in the telemetry menus on your DX9

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                  You need the appropriate telemetry sensor. Not all spektSpe receivers support xbus telemetry modules.

sensor here

​​​​​​https://www.horizonhobby.com/aircraf...cator-spma9574

You could also opt to get groundspeed via the GPS sensor.

Once you install the sensor, you can set call outs in the telemetry menus on your DX9
                  You may have something there. I just assumed he had the sensor. If no sensor, nothing will work.

Comment

ya I have it from horizon, just haven't set it up to call out the speed

Comment

Ordered one. Not sure what plane to put it in yet. Maybe the Wing for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                      X