Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Spectrum Dx8 Gen 2 radio giving me fits

Hi Guys,
    I`m trying to program a 6 channel airplane into my Dx8 gen 2 radio. i had a Dx7 for years and wanted to upgrade . I cannot program the gear for some reason, in the channel assignment under gear only options are l flap, r flap, right ail, left ail. i`m using a admiral 6 channel receive/ stabilizer 600sp with the 7 channel being bind axu2. Can some one please show me a program for a 6 channel airplane using a dx8 gen 2 ?
    thank you in advance.
    Frank

I don’t think it’s the TX that’s the problem. It’s the 600sp due to the fact that the bind port is dual purpose. I have the DX8 G2 but I’ve never used the Admiral 600sp. I use the Lemon version of that RX but I think the principles are the same with regards to getting the gear to work. First, forget the whole business with “gear”. Channel 5, which is normally “gear” is operated by the big toggle switch (default) near the bind button - leave it alone and don’t plug anything into that port and don’t mess with it in the channel assign menu. On my Lemon, that is used to turn the gyro ON/OFF and the gear port is left empty. It is only a true 7-ch RX if you don’t have the gyro working. I have to plug my retracts into AUX2, which is the bind port. Of course, you must bind the thing first, then remove the bind plug. Now, plug the retracts into the bind port as if it were like any of the other ports (polarity wise). Go into the second page of channel assign and tell it to operate AUX2 with whatever switch you find handy (just NOT the one used to turn the gyro ON/OFF). I picked the flight mode switch (3-position) that’s closest to the default gear switch. Just make sure when you flip it, you do NOT stop in the middle position. See if this works with your Admiral.

Comment

Okay thanks xviper, let me try that tonight sir.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        I don’t think it’s the TX that’s the problem. It’s the 600sp due to the fact that the bind port is dual purpose. I have the DX8 G2 but I’ve never used the Admiral 600sp. I use the Lemon version of that RX but I think the principles are the same with regards to getting the gear to work. First, forget the whole business with “gear”. Channel 5, which is normally “gear” is operated by the big toggle switch (default) near the bind button - leave it alone and don’t plug anything into that port and don’t mess with it in the channel assign menu. On my Lemon, that is used to turn the gyro ON/OFF and the gear port is left empty. It is only a true 7-ch RX if you don’t have the gyro working. I have to plug my retracts into AUX2, which is the bind port. Of course, you must bind the thing first, then remove the bind plug. Now, plug the retracts into the bind port as if it were like any of the other ports (polarity wise). Go into the second page of channel assign and tell it to operate AUX2 with whatever switch you find handy (just NOT the one used to turn the gyro ON/OFF). I picked the flight mode switch (3-position) that’s closest to the default gear switch. Just make sure when you flip it, you do NOT stop in the middle position. See if this works with your Admiral.
        Ok I did what you said and went to second page and every channel has N/A after it. ? Not sure where to go from here?
        Frank

Comment

Originally posted by skrez View Post
          Ok I did what you said and went to second page and every channel has N/A after it. ? Not sure where to go from here?
          Frank
          Here is a picture of the second page of my Channel Assign. Note that AUX2 is assigned to switch B. That's where the retracts are plugged into my Lemon Rx on my Yak 130.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3461.JPG
Views:	836
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	213750

Comment

Here is a picture of the second page of my Channel Assign. Note that AUX2 is assigned to switch B. That's where the retracts are plugged into my Lemon Rx on my Yak 130.

Yes, mine just looks like that however every channel is N/A , cannot assign a switch.

Comment

Okay I got It xviper, the reason I was having so many problems is because for wing type I had 2 ailerons and 2 flaps and using all my ports. I have that wing type but using Y cable , so once I entered 1 aileron , 1 flap now everything looks fine. Thank you for your patients with me.
              Frank

Comment

Yes, mine just looks like that however every channel is N/A , cannot assign a switch.
                Well, that's weird. Maybe it depends on what you've chosen for "aircraft type". Mine is wing - "1 AIL, 1 flap"; tail - normal. Here's a picture of the first page of "channel Assing", port assignment:

Name:	IMG_3462.JPG
Views:	781
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	213757

Comment

Okay I got It xviper, the reason I was having so many problems is because for wing type I had 2 ailerons and 2 flaps and using all my ports. I have that wing type but using Y cable , so once I entered 1 aileron , 1 flap now everything looks fine. Thank you for your patients with me.
                  Frank
                  That's it. You used up all your ports. Ailerons and flaps should be "Y'd".

Comment

That's it. You used up all your ports. Ailerons and flaps should be "Y'd".
                    yes correct, once I entered 1 and 1 now my screen looks just like yours.
                    Thank you again
                    Frank

Comment

Working...
                    X