X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futaba Transmitter

I’m thinking about purchasing a new Futaba T10J 10 channel radio system- air. Any feedback, thoughts, etc.

Futaba has always made good quality and reliable equipment.

They kind of shot themselves in the foot in a series of tactical errors... delaying entry to 2.4 ghz, then not making up their minds about a protocol and having complete incompatibility between the protocols they have used.

We like to be able to just see the name brand on the label and know that it will work.
    You'll need to look at the 2.4 ghz protocol on the label too. Its not a hard thing, but its something you will need to look for with every RX purchase.

Again, if you pay attention to that one detail... its good stuff. I have a 30 year old 72 mhz Futaba TX and RX system that still work just fine. I don't use them any more just because I have much more advanced equipment.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by VintagePilot View Post
      I’m thinking about purchasing a new Futaba T10J 10 channel radio system- air. Any feedback, thoughts, etc.
      VP, Not certain of your background with Futaba, though their equipment is all I have ever owned with the exception of the servos that come with Flightline & Freewing aircraft. I do not buy the other brands of Rxs, so no input for you there, but I own both old and new J Series Tx/Rx and love those. Why mess with an unknown as far as I am concerned. Now that most stocking issues are resolved, availability is very good. I have bought my last 2 Rx from MotionRC. Hope this helps. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
      X