X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum DX6i Problems

I was curious if anyone here had any issues with a DX6i ever losing signal or contact with there plane? I have one I bought used and have done a range check and don't have any issues with a range check. I lost issue several times and however did the end up losing the plane totally. I using a satellite receiver plugged into an Aurora 8. I do know the satellite receiver had never had issues before. I'm going to upgrade to a DX8. I was wondering if anyone else had ever had an issue similar.
    Still Learning:D

The DX6i was the very first TX I started with nearly 10 years ago. In those early days, I did lose a couple of planes, however, I can't really say for sure if it was an electronic issue of if it was me, being a newbie. Nevertheless, as the 6i got older and got lots of use, it did begin to exhibit peculiar traits that could not be explained by "dumb thumbs". Not trusting it anymore, I replaced it with something new.

Comment

Thanks Viper, I have heard that there were losts of issues with it losing signal. I have been using Tactic for going on now 4 years since I got in to this hobby. I'm planning on getting a new radio and most likely the DX8. Spektrum since there are a lot of BNF's. Thanks for the come back.
      Still Learning:D

Comment

I currently use the DX8 G2. In fact, I bought my friend's used DX8 G2 as a spare when he decided to get out of the hobby. The G2 is a very reliable TX and the price has come down a bit now since the intro of the newer IX-12 and IX-20.

Comment

I'm currently having and issue with my DX6i: As of today my elevon throw stays maxed. at that when I pull back on it it and watch the monitor it only travels 1/4th of the way which means as I attempt to use my quad with it it nearly always wants to topple forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Vibralux View Post
            I'm currently having and issue with my DX6i: As of today my elevon throw stays maxed. at that when I pull back on it it and watch the monitor it only travels 1/4th of the way which means as I attempt to use my quad with it it nearly always wants to topple forward.
            I don't fly quads much. I have only one and it gets flown only occasionally to take videos. I checked my TX and the manual for my quad and although the TX offers a choice of multi-copter in the system menu, the quad's instructions say to pick a normal airplane. What does your quad manual say and what did you select in the TX? Many of today's quads are meant for almost anyone to fly easily and the flight controller takes care of all the functions. If you chose "multi-copter" in your TX, this may be causing conflicting inputs to the quads flight controller.

Comment

Working...
            X