X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADMIRAL RECEIVERS & SATELLITES

Hello to everyones The Admiral 6-ch has the same range capacity as the 10 ch or is only a question on having 4 more channels ? I have an old SPEKTRUM DX8i transmitter and just order the AL 37 AIRLINER ...I would like to fit the Admiral receiver with telemetry and a Admiral satellite.Thank you !

Yes. Satellites are mainly for better receiver reception through the aircraft structure. Which I guess in a way translates to "range". I use Spektrum radios with "Spektrum", "Yellow" and "Admiral" receivers and have not noticed any difference in my foam airplanes and EDF's. If I have a receiver installation that is behind a battery, or between the battery and motor, or other metal parts I add a satellite outside this area. So, if you are worried about "reception", choose a receiver not based on channels but on if you can add one or more satellites.
    As for range, I only fly as far as I can tell which way the airplane is going and I'm sure the range on all these receivers is considerably further than that. I would imagine the AL37 would be just a dot at less than 1/2 mile in ideal conditions.
    This is my opinion.

Comment

The Admirals are all I use, I probably have have over 60 of them and I use the sats as the primary receiver in all my helicopters.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
        Yes. Satellites are mainly for better receiver reception through the aircraft structure. Which I guess in a way translates to "range". I use Spektrum radios with "Spektrum", "Yellow" and "Admiral" receivers and have not noticed any difference in my foam airplanes and EDF's. If I have a receiver installation that is behind a battery, or between the battery and motor, or other metal parts I add a satellite outside this area. So, if you are worried about "reception", choose a receiver not based on channels but on if you can add one or more satellites.
        As for range, I only fly as far as I can tell which way the airplane is going and I'm sure the range on all these receivers is considerably further than that. I would imagine the AL37 would be just a dot at less than 1/2 mile in ideal conditions.
        This is my opinion.
        Ok thank you is the one with telemetry is it worth or a 6 ch or better a 10 ch plus a satellite will be more than enough ? 10 channel has a better range than a 6ch or are the same in range ?

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          The Admirals are all I use, I probably have have over 60 of them and I use the sats as the primary receiver in all my helicopters.
          Ok thank you !

Comment

I have question. All I fly is foamies. Would I need to use a satellite receiver in all of my airplanes I just bought a new DX8 and haven't used it yet for anything and just in the process of ordering some Admiral receivers.
            Still Learning:D

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              I have question. All I fly is foamies. Would I need to use a satellite receiver in all of my airplanes I just bought a new DX8 and haven't used it yet for anything and just in the process of ordering some Admiral receivers.
              Satellites are an additional resource to providing above average confidence regarding consistent radio reception especially when jamming a Rx into very confined spaces surrounded with batteries and other EMI (electro magnetic interference) devices. Like any speculative insurance ………. how much are you willing to spend.
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I recently obtained an Admiral RX600SP receiver. I have been trying to get it working with my old Spektrum DX6i . I would like any advice on how to set the mixes to get it to work with the panic button function achievable by this receiver unit.

Comment

I have the RX600SP receiver. I read in the notes that if you have a Tx with 8 channels or more, then you can use Aux 3 to control the Master Gain. What channel do you assign Aux 3 to on the Rx? Since the Rx and the gyro are the same unit, I don't believe there is something to plug in. How do you set this up?

Comment

ref rx600sp i am having the same issue with my dx6i. I contacted customer service they sent me a copy of the instructions which I told them don't work with this radio. This is a 6 channel radio that does not allow the bind button to be in a mix. When I set up the receiver to mode A i get a green light but when I move the plane around i get no movement from the control surfaces. When I switch on the gear switch i get a red green wig wags on the receiver and the surfaces move when I tip the plane so how do I get the gyro to work. The chat guy from motion RC never heard of a dx6i. No he!p there.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyJet62 View Post
                      I have the RX600SP receiver. I read in the notes that if you have a Tx with 8 channels or more, then you can use Aux 3 to control the Master Gain. What channel do you assign Aux 3 to on the Rx? Since the Rx and the gyro are the same unit, I don't believe there is something to plug in. How do you set this up?
                      JohnnyJet62
                      Hello Johnny, Channels on a Admiral Rx are set and there is no reassigning. The reassignments happen on the Tx side. In the Rx the gain is assigned to Aux3
                      So for in your case I am guessing that most likely you have the Spektrum DX8G2 since you mentioned a 8 chan Tx you will assign the Aux3 to the Rotary knob
                      which I believe is most likely already assigned there by default as is the case with my DX9.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Tim305@sbcglonal.net View Post
                        ref rx600sp i am having the same issue with my dx6i. I contacted customer service they sent me a copy of the instructions which I told them don't work with this radio. This is a 6 channel radio that does not allow the bind button to be in a mix. When I set up the receiver to mode A i get a green light but when I move the plane around i get no movement from the control surfaces. When I switch on the gear switch i get a red green wig wags on the receiver and the surfaces move when I tip the plane so how do I get the gyro to work. The chat guy from motion RC never heard of a dx6i. No he!p there.
                        Tim305@sbcglonal.net
                        Hello Tim, Am amazed that Motion CSR was not aware of a DX6i. It was the first basic entry level 6 channel Tx in the Spektrum line up 5+ years ago and is now discontinued.
                        It does however only have basic capabilities and will not do the stuff that the DX6G3 can do. You will not be able to control the master gain with that radio.
                        Best regards and welcome to the Squawk,
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

I have the dx6 g2 and it works well you really have to follow the bind protocol normally you should be able to assign an inter to the mix I started over several times and now it works well

Comment

Need some help. I have an Admiral DSMP six-channel receiver. Brand new. Now I want to install it in a 65" wingspan J-3 Cub. Engine will be gasoline. MY QUESTION: Where can I find a online manual or quick start guide? I contacted Motion RC and they just said they don't sell 'em any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Spurr View Post
                              Need some help. I have an Admiral DSMP six-channel receiver. Brand new. Now I want to install it in a 65" wingspan J-3 Cub. Engine will be gasoline. MY QUESTION: Where can I find a online manual or quick start guide? I contacted Motion RC and they just said they don't sell 'em any more.
                              Does it look like this one? "DSMP"?
                              At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

Spurr
                                Welcome to the Squawk
                                I have one of the older DSMP Admiral 6/7 chan Rx.
                                They were known (and still are) as the RX700T and came in 2 different flavors, a 60A version with a XT60 connector and an 130A version with a EC5 connector.
                                Motion still carries them but not by the DSMP label.
                                Here's the 60A version https://www.motionrc.com/collections...escription-tab
                                Here's the 130A version https://www.motionrc.com/collections...escription-tab
                                Here's the link to the RX700T manual https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...k_start_v1.pdf
                                It can also be found on the support tab of both of those product pages
                                Hope this helps.
                                Best regards,
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

Beeg, yes, exactly!

Comment

OV10, none of the receivers match mine. Thanks so much for the reply. So nice to have so many life rafts out there in the R/C community!

Comment

Beeg, do you have any information about my receiver? Is the wee little button on top used for binding? What terminal is for my NiCad battery pack? THRO terminal is for my throttle servo, right? The receiver seems designed for electric engines.

Comment

Yes, THRO is for throttle.

If you go to the "support" tab here:
                                        At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

you can download a "manual" for this receiver that should answer most of your questions.

Comment

Working...
                                        X