Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beeg, you're the best! I printed it and saved the .pdf in case space aliens beam down to steal it. Have one more question: since this receiver will go in a gasoline powered J-3 Cub, where on the receiver does my 6V NiCad battery plug in? Only ports open are "Gear", "Bind" and "Aux". I am using a six channel DS6 Spectrum transmitter. I know how to re-assign channels, but will wait to hear from you.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can connect power to any port including the bind port. I'd probably use the aux port if you don't need it. May want to ask the MotionRC help desk to be certain though.

Comment

Beeg, MotionRC does not want to talk about products they no longer carry. I tried that with their AI live chat. Perhaps I'll call them in the morning and talk to a human. Thank you SO MUCH for your help.

Comment

Beeg
          Spurr

Beeg is absolutely correct as long as the NiCad battery plug follows the same pin assignment protocols for the + and - leads as on a servo lead
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

OV10, thanks for the reminder. Again, thanks to all for your fast assistance. I plan to install and bind my Admiral receiver tomorrow morning. Too hot in my garage now (105F)

Since we are talking about receivers, the first receiver I tried to install was a Spektrum AR410. It seemed to bind OK. This was my connection scheme:

BATT = My NiCad battery
            1/DATA = Throttle servo
            2 = Aileron servo
            3 = Elevator servo
            4 = Rudder servo

I'm sure I followed correct protocol for polarity; negative oriented toward the bottom of the receiver. The receiver orange light was on steady. When I pushed the switch on the side of the aircraft to "on" servos bumped then receiver light went out. I'll recheck everything tomorrow.

Comment

Beeg, OV10,
              Life is good. My Admiral receiver is installed and functioning properly with all servos. One of my problems was I did not have the receiver mounted flat (instructions say to do that, but …) and the antennas were not 90 degrees apart.

My other problem was my power supply. I had a five battery module of NiMH batteries, but they would not hold a charge (too old?) so I replaced them with a new Lithium Ion battery pack.

I just invented a new axiom: When all else fails follow instructions.

I really do appreciate the information you both gave me. My next tasks are to break-in my new engine and attach the wing struts. My hope is this aircraft will be docile in flight and easy to control.

Comment

Originally posted by Spurr View Post
                Need some help. I have an Admiral DSMP six-channel receiver. Brand new. Now I want to install it in a 65" wingspan J-3 Cub. Engine will be gasoline. MY QUESTION: Where can I find a online manual or quick start guide? I contacted Motion RC and they just said they don't sell 'em any more.
                The Admiral satellite receivers now being sold will not work with the older DSMP receivers, despite what the MRC chat guy says

Comment

Originally posted by Beachsideflyer View Post

The Admiral satellite receivers now being sold will not work with the older DSMP receivers, despite what the MRC chat guy says
                  Sorry, ment to say the older Admiral 10 channel receivers will not work with the new satellite receivers.

Comment

Working...
                  X