X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hi all new to airplanes was just wondering if I could use a dxe transmitter with an RX600SP

Yes, it should work. What plane are you flying?

Comment

A freewing Pandora... I’m new to planes and don’t want to Buy a good radio until I’m sure I want to stay ya know

Comment

The answer is YES. I use a DXE with several of my planes and it works very well. My DXE is upgraded to allow programming parameters to be adjusted via bluetooth from my phone. not quite as convenient as a more expensive transmitter but for the price it's fine and it works works any DSMX compatible receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by 13dyna View Post
          A freewing Pandora... I’m new to planes and don’t want to Buy a good radio until I’m sure I want to stay ya know

I hear ya.. and I feel what you're sayin.. I was there a few years ago. It's obvious your interest in aviation or ya would not have got the Pandora to begin with. The bug is gonna bite ya after that 1st flight!! Even if you should not wanna stay in it, if I may quote the Eagles here, "you can check out anytime you like, but you may never leave".

Be safe and have loads of fun!
          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Oh yeah.. and Welcome to the hobby.. and the Squawk!
            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

how do you set it up? my spektrum programmer does not show mixing. I have the flightline p51. I installed a rx600sp. then found out my dx6i radio will not work. I have a dxe radio but cant find the paramiters to set. cant find mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim305@sbcglonal.net View Post
                how do you set it up? my spektrum programmer does not show mixing. I have the flightline p51. I installed a rx600sp. then found out my dx6i radio will not work. I have a dxe radio but cant find the paramiters to set. cant find mix.
                Tim305@sbcglonal.net
                From your comment about finding that your DX6i won't work I am gonna assume that you saw my response to you about that over on the ADMIRAL RECEIVERS & SATELLITES thread.
                Now regarding the DXe Tx, not finding a mix is because it is not a programmable unit and has less capability than the DX6i so you aren't going to do any mixes.
                You are not going to be able to do anything with regard to gyro parameters on the RX600SP Rx until you buy a capable Tx.
                Entry level Tx's like the DXe @ $70 or the basic programmable level DX6i @ $100 are intended for entry level 4-6 channel Rx's without gyros.
                To use the Admiral Rx advanced capabilities that you are attempting to do is going to require a more capable/expensive Tx like the $250 DX6 G3
                Regards,
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks for the info Charlie . You saved me a bunch of work. I’ve been at it 2 days already.

Comment

Working...
                  X