X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futaba Telemetry question

I transfered into a new airplane a Futaba R7014SB receiver and two sensors, SBA-02A Altitude and SBS-01RM RPM... all working perfect in the old plane. I added in the new plane two SPS01T Temperature sensors for the DLE40 twin engine I'm running. All using a Futaba 16SZ transmitter. I cannot seem to get the second temp sensor or the altitude sensor to read and the rpm sensor seems stuck on some reducless high number and won't reset. All very confusing... I have gone through and manually inputted the sensors in the radio with no changes. I've tried to re bind the receiver... still no changes. Is there something special that needs to be done to get the 16SZ to recognise the second temp sensor? Does the R7014 receiver need to be reset somehow when moving to another aircraft. .. It's probably something simple but I'm stumped... any ideas? Thanks in advance...
    P/s - sorry for the duplicates on photos... I'm new at posting and couldn't find how to delete.

​​​ ​ image widget

Finally figured it out.... Futaba transmitter has 30 slots for telemetry sensors. Each type of sensor has certain slots they work in... some work in every slot others need certain ones.
    Some sensors like the altitude sensor needs a to be in a approved slot and then uses two estra slots. This is all specified in the futaba transmitter user manual. What was happening to me... I had the altitude and rpm sensors in another airplane before moving them to the new plane. The transmitter thought they were in the slots I had them in before so it would not recognise the sensors that were now in differedt slots. For instance, the RPM sensor showed in slot two and I had it in slot three in the new plane. The fix: Plug the sensor into the back of the radio and move it to the sensor slot you want it in. Then, once back into the airplane the set up is as shown in the manual. Also.... in the case of the Futaba 16SZ the plug in the back of the radio is not powered. Why only God knows because the 14 and 18 are... so you'll need to use a Y adapter and hook in a battery.
    all a bit confusing, with very few places to find help. Best of luck to all of us with these kind of issues... Cheers

Comment

very helpfull thanks

Comment

Working...
      X