X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX6E with AR620 battery v telemetry

So could someone please confirm I have this right. To be able to use the telemetry available (all I really need is battery voltage) I will need to get the SPMA 3065 cable and then register and program the AR620 to be able to use the telemetry already avail in the receiver. Do I have this right? Or is the battery voltage avail without having to use the cable to program the receiver?

If I’m not mistaken, you can only see receiver battery voltage. IE, the voltage that is powering the RX. I don’t think it can tell you your flight battery voltage (if that’s what you’re asking). If this RX is anything like the AR636A RX’s that I use, RX voltage is automatically accessible. I don’t believe you need a cable or do any programming.

Comment

The AR620 isnt programmable as far as I know. Also, the telemetry it provides ("fly by") is limited in range and information - essentially frame hold/loss data (signal strength) and rx voltage (which is effectively BEC voltage unless you're running a seperate flight pack). It should be broadcasting this out of the box if you check the telemetry page on your transmitter.

If you want useful telemetry in the spektrum ecosystem, be prepared to get your wallet out lol.

Comment

Or gone with one of these for a bit more money and receive all kinds of useful information:
        https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-ec5-connector
        (PS. Should check to make sure the DXe can actually process and display that info.)

Comment

I have updated the receiver but still can’t get receiver voltage on my Dx6e. Is there another place on the receiver I have to program to get if to work?

Comment

What have you done to get it to show the RX voltage? Have you tried the scroll wheel to see if it shows up on another page on the screen? If that doesn't work, have you gone into the telemetry menu and actually told it to turn ON the RX voltage readout, then use the scroll wheel when you're in the main screen to flip to that page?

Comment

I have selected telemetry from the function list and used Auto-Config. That is supposed to show what what is available. Number 10 is RX V which I’m assuming is receiver voltage. I pushed the scroll wheel and selected Alarm and then selected Tone. I tried to adjust the voltage for max and min but it won’t go any higher than 8 volts. I am running a 3s so I would like to select 11.4 but it won’t go above 8 volts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Welch View Post
                I have selected telemetry from the function list and used Auto-Config. That is supposed to show what what is available. Number 10 is RX V which I’m assuming is receiver voltage. I pushed the scroll wheel and selected Alarm and then selected Tone. I tried to adjust the voltage for max and min but it won’t go any higher than 8 volts. I am running a 3s so I would like to select 11.4 but it won’t go above 8 volts.
                Are you pushing the 3s directly into the RX or is it going through a BEC? A BEC will reduce the voltage going to the RX considerably. Most RX's won't take 11.4 volts (or 12.6v when fully charged). The AR620 takes 9v max but most BECs will supply around 6v. Also, pushing the scroll wheel is for "adjusting" (changing alarms, setting values, etc.). To get to the screen that shows the actual parameter you want, when on the main screen, you just scroll (no push). Did you do that? If so, I can't understand why you can't get to the screen that shows the telemetry you picked.

Comment

So what your saying is, I should adjust my low voltage to the low voltage the BEC is putting out to the rx. I’m don’t know what that is, but isent that kept constant by the BEC?

Comment

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm trying to ascertain what you've done. If you are using an external BEC (and that's what I'm trying to figure out if that's your case), then you don't have to do anything to step down the voltage. The BEC does that. Read what it says on your BEC. It should tell you what the range of volts you can put into it and what the range of volts it will put out to the RX. Please explain how you've got it all set up. What kind and how is your external BEC wired to the RX? What type of ESC are you using in what kind of plane. Does the ESC have a built in BEC? If it does, have you disconnected that BEC if you are using an external BEC. These are questions that need to be answered before specific help can be given.

Comment

I have 3 AR620’s in 3 different planes and all three have built in BEC’s and I don’t have any external BEC’s. They are all new planes bought within the last 2 months. FMS 800mm Corsair PNP. FMS P40B that I put a Beatles 80amp ESC with a built in SBEC. Carbon Cub S that I pulled the Safe system out and put the AR620 in, but it has a stock ESC in it. I hope this helps. Thanx for helping me out!

Comment

If that's the case, then what you're trying to do is to see the RX voltage via the AR620 into a DX6e, right? It doesn't matter what flight battery you are using since it's different for each plane. The built in BECs will draw power from whatever battery you are using and put in whatever the receiver needs. To see the RX voltage on your transmitter's screen, have you tried using the scroll wheel to go to that screen page that shows telemetry? Have you tried going to the telemetry page in your TX and opening up the RX voltage display? There's nothing in the RX to do. It should be putting out the information. You just have to tell the TX to show it.

Comment

When I first posted my question I did not understand the difference between flight pack battery voltage and receiver voltage. Since having this discussion with you and doing some research I now know, and thank you for helping me with that. I went through the steps on my transmitter as you suggested and found it gives the info that you said it would. My transmitter and receiver are functioning correctly and providing the information that are supposed to, and have been all along. I was confused with the terms “flight pack voltage” and “rx voltage”. But I got it now. Thanks for spending the time and helping me out, this forum is great for us “newbies” as we try to figure all this out. Thanx again!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X