X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on a Spektrum AS3X receiver

I have a couple new planes with this receiver and there's something I don't understand. Does the receiver have to be bound in the Safe Mode for the stabilization to work. I really don't need the Safe feature. I just want the stabilization active for very windy days. I understand when bound in the Safe Mode, it can be turned off. My question is do I bind the receiver with the Safe feature or not to get full time stabilization?

I assume you're referring to an elite bind and fly plane with an AR636 receiver?

The answer is no - you don't need to bind with SAFE. AS3X will always be active after you have throttle up a little.

That said, I would recommend binding with SAFE and assigning it to a switch, even if you don't plan on using it. There is a bug in the AR636 firmware which can limit your rudder throws if you bind without SAFE enabled. Horizon have known and acknowledged this for some time but have elected not to do anything about it.

Comment

I agree that binding with SAFE and assigning a switch is the way to go even if you don't plan on using it, not only for the potential rudder issue but also for what you don't plan on. For example, if you lose orientation (and at one point or another we all do), a flip of the switch with sticks neutral (hands off) will return the plane to level flight. Once you regain orientation,switch SAFE off and continue knowing that you just may have saved your plane

Comment

Working...
      X