X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmitter

Detrum 8 ch. anyone flying this tx? Does the 8 ch. have throttle cut? Do you know of a home page?? Thanks guys!

I don’t use it but a quick Google search came up with this:
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...ment_rev_1.pdf
    Page 6

Comment

Try bitgohobby.com, they are the official distributor of Dynam, Detrum, Gavin products in the USA and located in Indiana. Dr. Jing Li is a Very responsive and super customer service oriented individual and has helped me lots. Fly and stay safe!

Comment

Just bought the FlightLine P-51D (850mm) and the Detrum MSR66A receiver but already had the Detrum Gavin 8C transmitter. The 8C manual shows "Throttle Hold" (not throttle cut) and recommends switch SF (the only 2-position switch on the transmitter), and switch positions gives you ON and OFF. This is basically a Safety feature when plugging in batteries or handling the plane and radio at the same time so you don't risk the prop starting up by bumping the throttle stick accidentally. Hope that helps!

Comment

Three year old zombie thread comes back to life.

Hmmm.

Comment

Hello fellow modelers. The new FAA requirement to have a remote ID is fast coming upon us (Sept 16) and if your club is not an approved FRIA you cannot fly legally. Any idea if Motion will have these ID modules available and will future modes come equipped with remote ID modules. No need buying a model if you cannot fly it legally in the US.

Comment

Hail fellow modeler!

As Motion is a reseller/ distributor it's not up to them. That said just about all the manufacturers that make aircraft that would fall under the Standard ID where the ID transmitter is built into the aircraft system and sold with it onboard, have decided to produce a product that circumvents the requirement by omitting something that make it RTF, transmitter, battery, etc.

The group that you are asking about that would require the operator (can they all be called pilot?) to purchase and mount a RID Remote ID transmitter will probably never come pre equipped or pre packaged with a transmitter as the manufacturer wouldn't know where or how the item would be used. Whether or not Motion will sell one that someone makes (Motion themselves are not a manufacturer) is wait and see. There are quite a few already approved by the FAA though I, personally am holding off getting one as I fly 100% at a site that is a FRIA.

Comment

Thx for the info Evan. So far there are I hear there are about 700 approved FRIA and 200 sites were denied and about 800 are in a que waiting for approval so you are one of the lucky ones. The rest of us are out of luck. If ID modules are available or will not be available for some time we will be in bad shape. If they do become available will the cost be too high some, may be forced out of the hobby or got to rc cars and boats.

Comment

Just a further thought I think I'll hold back form any further model purchases until this gets sorted out no need investing $400 plus in a model you cannot fly legally. I am sure the FAA does not have enough people to enforce this policy but it is still a law and you could get into trouble. This has been in the works for a long time you would think the manufacturers would have made a module available a long time ago in anticipation of this FAA ruling.

Comment

Remote ID is just one part too. You may have to register and put your registration on your aircraft, take the TRUST test, log onto a website to see if you can even fly where you are wanting to, etc. The numbers you have are the ones a couple AMA reps are stating and only for that one CBO. As far as enforcement, the FAA is expecting local law enforcement to do that and they have a "tool kit" available to help LEO understand the laws/ rules/ guidelines.

Plus, in my opinion, this is just the start of a never ending chain of new restrictions.

Comment

Oh no I was not aware of all that other stuff. This will put a dent in the hobby for sure and that really stinks. I police have enough to do without having to deal with a guy flying his model airplane. Thx Evan

Comment

Originally posted by Randy H View Post
                        Oh no I was not aware of all that other stuff. This will put a dent in the hobby for sure and that really stinks. I police have enough to do without having to deal with a guy flying his model airplane. Thx Evan
                        That is true.

It's also true that a lot of people and clubs have been procrastinating or simply not paying attention, and suddently have woken up some 3 weeks from the deadline.

We got our FRIA requests in months ago and have 2 approvals.

Two other clubs in the area did nothing until mid July, and only then applied because I prodded their presidents to do something. And one fairly local club still has done nothing.

Comment

Working...
                        X