X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update or not

Hello. I'm getting the Eflite Viper BNF soon and wanna know if an update on my dx6 is a good idea? I've flown since last year without any updates at all and never had a fallout from my TX. I know that the new "Airware" is the latest update but i don't have any new rx smart receivers yet. What to do?

What does the "readme" say about the latest update? Anything in there that will improve your radio of benefit what you plan to do with it?

Comment

One thing I do regarding software/firmware updates, especially with transmitters and receivers, is to wait a bit to update my components to a newly released version until I have read about others experiences using it after they updated. Forums can be particularly helpful in these instances to see what other owners are experiencing after updating, whether or not any crucial bugs exist, etc., and if another update is required for more stablility.

Airware has been around for some time now, and many people have updated to it, but you will only know if you feel comfortable updating your TX and whether the added features would benefit you. A rather helpful thread on RCgroups linked below is useful to read about other Spektrum transmitter and receiver owners experiences, as well as read the input of Spektrum developers who participate in that thread regarding TX programming and updates.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ns-and-Answers

Comment

Well very helpful info there guys. I'll just bind my dx6 with the Eflite Viper and fly some time and maybe later do the update. One more question.
        i'm messing around with an old AR636A Rx and do the programming via the programmer cable. I'm on the 8 or 9 tutorial on youtube and i need an
        srm file like the one that comes with my new Viper. Where can they be downloaded?

Comment

Working...
        X