Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What “GEN” (generation) of Spektrum DX6 transmitter do I have?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What “GEN” (generation) of Spektrum DX6 transmitter do I have?

I bought this DX6 around 5 ish years ago or so. I want to know if the DX6 that I have has a diversity antenna or not? the back of it shows “SPMR6750”. See pic. Thank You...

If you check the Horizon site, SPMR6750 equates to GEN3, the current generation. GEN2 was 6700.

Comment

Thank you. Never would have thought that DX6 GEN 3 was available 5-6 years ago. I sort of remember when DX6 first came out as it replaced the older DX6i or something like that and this newer DX6 is black in color. I went to spektrum.com and found a DX6 manual addendum copyright 2016 that says there is a diversity antenna arrangement. The horizontal antenna is housed inside the handle. The manual that came with my DX6 makes no mention of an antenna inside the handle and there was no addendum that came with my DX6 5-6 years ago.

Comment

I also had a DX6 that was black. As I understand it, GEN2 was also black. I have no idea what gen it was. Mine also goes back several years. I didn't have it long before I upgraded to the DX8G2. It replaced my DX6i.

Comment

About 3-4 years ago I bought a new Gen 2 DX6 because the Hobby Shop told me Gen 3 was not yet available in Australia. I was disappointed but accepted the reply. Anyway the scroll wheel started playing up and doing its' own thing straight away so I took it back. It was sent away and they replaced it with a brand new Gen 3 so I was stoked. I love the DX6. So easy to program etc. I also have some Taranis XD9 and a QX7 but the DX6 is my favourite.

Comment

Working...
          X