• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiver capacitor

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	263215 Wondering what benefit if any, will plugging in one of these to the battery port of my AR620 receivers would be?

It doesn't have to be plugged into the battery port. Any open port will do. The capacitor acts something like a surge protector. It helps protect the radio system from minor voltage drops or spikes that can happen when activating retracts or flaps for example.

Bare in mind that they are limited by the capacity and can't protect against everything.

I routinely put them in EDFs and warbirds that have 6 channels or more. In those cases, 7+ channel receivers are used.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
      It doesn't have to be plugged into the battery port. Any open port will do. The capacitor acts something like a surge protector. It helps protect the radio system from minor voltage drops or spikes that can happen when activating retracts or flaps for example.

Bare in mind that they are limited by the capacity and can't protect against everything.

I routinely put them in EDFs and warbirds that have 6 channels or more. In those cases, 7+ channel receivers are used.
      I’ve been using the AR620 receivers in my EDFs with good results with all six channel ports used up except the battery port. I really don’t want to go with a separate RX pack (extra weight) and thought the capacitor would be a good idea as long as it’s compatible with the internal antenna found in the AR620.

Comment

I use and make my own and put in the battery port on a y connector.
        AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
        X