X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT ALLOWED TO CHANGE TRAVELS FOR MY CONTROL SURFACES

I have a Spektrum DX6 with the Admiral RX600. I'm not able to change travels for my control surfaces except for flaps.In the transmitter menu for travels setting where there is 100 for low and high rates of each control surface, when I change that 100 number normally you will see the control surface move. But, it's not moving now. It only moves for flaps. I tried another plane that has an Admiral RX600 in it with the same Spektrum DX6, and it's happening to that plane too.

What are you trying to do? Instead of going into the "servo, travel" menu, have you tried doing the change in "D/R, expo" menu? "Servo, travel" menu is used for specific reasons. If you're just trying to set a different "rate", you shouldn't be using "travel" adjust. Change it in "D/R, exp" menu.
    Also, depending on how you have the gyro set up, a gyro can mess with D/R changes. In some case, it won't let you. The throws stay the same no matter what "rate" you choose.

Comment

I'm trying to level my control surfaces before setting the dual rates. I tried messing with it today, and it still won't let me move the control surfaces on my other planes. Everthing else is working, just won't let me adjust the control surfaces. And now, the plane I'm trying to set up is not even in the transmitter anymore. It's name is replace with ACRO. I decided to use that ACRO to see if it would link with my plane, and it didn't.

Plus, besides the planes that I have program in my TX, there is one that says Heli that was never there before.

Also, the orange battery lights on the TX is starting to go on and off. The TX is saying that the battery is at 6.0v. It's that too low?

Comment

Are you doing this in the Sub Trim? I believe this is where you need to be. Changing the percentage in dual rates won't change the position, only the amount of travel.

Comment

Also, if the name changed to Acro, the settings were likely deleted from the radio and you'll need to rebind. It is very doubtful that 6 volts isn't sufficient.

Make sure that your are powering on the transmitter first, then the plane. Also make sure that you are turning off the plane before the transmitter. If you move from the Function List to the System Setup you should also power down the plane/receiver. Additionally, if you are unfamiliar with programming your radio, it is a good idea to use a throttle lock or remove propellers to avoid flying into a wall (it's happened to the best of us).

Comment

I'm doing it in Servo Setup. In Servo Setup there is Travel, Subtrim, and Reverse. In my other planes when I set them up I used Travel to level the control surfaces. Then went to D/R and expo to set how much movement I wanted.

Comment

That's interesting. Try the Subtrim, that's where it should work.

Comment

I'll try it later, but what is the Travel section for?

Comment

If you are doing the initial set up before setting rates, leveling the control surfaces should be done manually, using the adjustments on the control rod to change their lengths. Subtrim can be used to fine tune the leveling. Travel is to increase or decrease the amount of total travel from one end to the other of the servo movement. Some planes require that you have more than 100% travel to achieve the desired amount of deflection in a control surface. That's what you use "travel" for and it's only used if you've exhausted the adjustment using the holes in the servo arm and the control arm. Don't start by using the servo menu to level control surfaces. Not the proper procedure to begin things.
                  "Acro" is just the default name for an airplane that is given to any new model that you choose in the TX. "Heli, sailplane", should always be there. You just haven't seen it till now.

Comment

Travel settings will affect the amount of travel that a servo has. The default is 100. I like to think of it as the baseline travel for the servo before you program dual rates or your "high rate" setting. When you do set your dual rates, set the high to 100 and the lower settings to a lower rate. This comes down to recommended settings (which aren't always good), what people who have flown the plane recommend, and your personal preference.

Another thing that's important to note: setting your full desired rate of travel by moving the push-rod on the control horn and servo arm is the best practice. If you limit the travel of the servo by dialing down the "Travel" setting too much you will lose resolution and the control surface will be a bit twitchy. This might not matter much on some models, but once you pick up airspeed you'll notice it.

Edit: what xviper said. Didn't see his post before I posted my reply.

Comment

Thanks for the help, everyone. I will work on it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X