Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest no no and my pet peeve

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest no no and my pet peeve

Putting a 30 dollar or less receivers in a five hundred dollar plane

Next to that is putting a cheap 25 c six cell in a 90 and then after picking up the pieces

Blaming the blue box

Just my two cents

Originally posted by Johnnyrabuse View Post
    Putting a 30 dollar or less receivers in a five hundred dollar plane

Next to that is putting a cheap 25 c six cell in a 90 and then after picking up the pieces

Blaming the blue box

Just my two cents
    I agree and to add to that, Think of the propeller as a spinning saw blade,, cheap Receiver just started on its own while on the bench and now my friend who was helping someone with a plane has stitches in his hand. Stay away from the Frisky or whatever the heck they are called. They are dangerous and can self-start. Yeah, I only have 2 posts but I have been flying Futaba for 30 plus years and never had a problem with Futaba. And no he did not bump the throttle.

Comment

You can't be too careful with an electric prop. It is always recommended to remove the prop before doing any work on a model that requires power. Anything can fail, but FrSky is no better or worse than any other RC equipment when it comes to safety.

Comment

Originally posted by jwalk2c View Post

Stay away from the Frisky or whatever the heck they are called. They are dangerous and can self-start. Yeah, I only have 2 posts but I have been flying Futaba for 30 plus years and never had a problem with Futaba. And no he did not bump the throttle.
        Have several turbine guys at my club flying on FrSky with zero issues. In fact, their ACCESS protocol has been pretty much bulletproof and you can even add a 2nd or 3rd Rx for redundancy if one is paranoid. I have personally flown a 3m F5J to the limit of my sight and still get 95% RSSI. It is up to the pilot to practice safety protocols when the model is live at the bench.

Comment

Working...
        X