X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR8000 Clone

Has anyone used one of these clones for the Spektrum AR8000, and have you had any issues with it? I got one the other day and I'm starting to have second thoughts on it. Installed it on an old airplane to test fly. If it doesn't work, it won't be much of a loss if the plane gets away. Seems to work alright on the ground so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	268408

I haven't used this one but have used other dsmx clones.

​​​​
    ​​​​​Guys will tell you it's not worth it and they may have a point, but honestly there's nothing particularly revolutionary about the hardware in a genuine item, hence the proliferation of clone receivers and even multi protocol modules that emulate a spektrum transmitter.

Proper setup and range testing is a more reliable indicator of performance than the price tag on the invoice.

Comment

I have had this receiver flying for eight flights now and have been experiencing intermittent signal loss. On an 11 minute flight I had 7 signal interruptions according to the light on the receiver. I don't have telemetry so not really sure when it is occurring. I have tried a couple of different antenna locations. Of the eight flights I had a couple that had no signal loss. When it fails I can sometimes hear the motor ctach for a brief second. Other times the control surface will cycle. None of the glitches last more than a fraction of a second.

Thoughts on whether it is safe to keep flying it. Looking at putting it in an 8 channel Corsair but don't want to mess it up. Right now I have it in a four channel trainer.

Comment

I have one that has really bad glitches on the elevator channel. It works intermittently. Luckily it does it did it on the bench before I got it in the air. I don’t think I’ll trust those clones again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rc4me21976 View Post
          I have one that has really bad glitches on the elevator channel. It works intermittently. Luckily it does it did it on the bench before I got it in the air. I don’t think I’ll trust those clones again.
          When this one glitches it doesn't seem to have an adverse affect because it happens so fast.Usually I don't even notice it. I just don't want to put it in a $350 airplane and have it go nuts on me. That's why I'm flying it in my old one first.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Fixer View Post

When this one glitches it doesn't seem to have an adverse affect because it happens so fast.Usually I don't even notice it. I just don't want to put it in a $350 airplane and have it go nuts on me. That's why I'm flying it in my old one first.
            Yeah it’s not really a glitch. You can give up elevator and it may lag a half second or so then the elevator moves. Then if you hold up elevator it will bounce between neutral and deflected. With about a one second cycle time. Only does on the elevator channel and does it in multiple planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rc4me21976 View Post

Yeah it’s not really a glitch. You can give up elevator and it may lag a half second or so then the elevator moves. Then if you hold up elevator it will bounce between neutral and deflected. With about a one second cycle time. Only does on the elevator channel and does it in multiple planes.
              Have you tried assigning the elevator to a different channel?

Comment

No I haven’t. I look at it like unless it works just as it should I’m not messing with it regardless. I wouldn’t risk any plane for a $25 knock off.

Comment

Working...
                X