Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New X9D+ SE 2019 bricked after update?

Hello all, hopefully somebody can assist. I’ve seen a few links to fixing a bricked Tx but nothing is working thus far. Is there a reset on this?

I opened it out of box, used companion 2.39 to install latest firmware just like I had on my old X9D and in settings I checked remove heli screens and enabled LUA after selecting X9D+ 2019 as Tx type. The SD card is from my X9D with this 2.39 opentx.

any ideas what I did wrong?

when I turn it on nothing happens except power button has blue back lighting. I can not turn power button off at this point. Screen does not turn on.

if I unplug battery and plug back in I can enter firmware screen with holding trims in while double clicking power. I tried updating firmware through companion again and once I unplug tx it won’t turn on and I’m back at the same issue.

You'll get a much faster and more informed answer over on the (very active) threads on RCGroups. (Several of the OpenTX devs hang out there.)

This is the sub-forum for radios:
    Aircraft - General - Radios

And here's a good thread in that sub-forum to post your questions:
    FRSKY Taranis "How to" Thread

The good news is that it is virtually impossible to brick a Taranis.

Comment

Good news, I figured it out. I was able to get it into bootloader mode by unplugging battery and then plugging battery back in. Then I realized I didn't update the bootloader when I updated the openTx software so I completed that and updated the internal Rf module to the 2.xx firmware and everything is now good to go with getting the Tx to operate normally.

Comment

Working...
      X