X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum DXe programming question

Hi guys, I've been using a DXe which has been updated via Spektrum software. I use a Bluetooth dongle with the model memory software on my phone. Works well EXCEPT that every time I change to a different model I have to re-bind it. The only model that does not require re-binding is the first one in the list of models. Is this normal?

Second question: I have the li-ion battery SMPA 9602. Will this battery work if I upgrade to a DX6e?

Thank you so much
    Robert C

According to the DX6e optional parts list, that battery will work.
    If I read the instruction manual correctly, models are NOT kept in the TX but rather, they are stored in your smart phone APP. So each time you load a new model into the TX, it’s like it’s seeing a new model and thus, you must bind it all over again.
    The DX6e is only a marginal “upgrade”. You might want to look at a DX6 G2 for a bit more money.

Comment

Thank you. That's what I suspected. Yes a dx6 g2 is tempting and I have considered it but I dont need more model memory than the dx6e provides. And I fly fixed wing 4 to 5 channel electric and glow. So as long as the dx6e is at least equal in terms of range to my dxe it's really all I need. Back in the day using 27mhz and 72mhz we didn't even have expo and we got along fine. These "new fangled" program able radios are just added bonus.

Thank you
      Robert

Comment

But the BIG advantage to the DX6 is that ALL the models are stored on the TX and NOT on your smart phone APP. All models on your TX are bound once and that's it. The other choice (if available) is the DX6i. It's not a computerized/programmable TX and I believe it only has 10 models in its memory - no smart phone APP needed.

Comment

Understood, however it is a moot point because I've decided to take your advice and go for a dx6. it's $100.00 cdn more than the dx6e but it will be all the radio I'll need until l'm too old to fly

Comment

Originally posted by yesamen@rogers.com View Post
            Understood, however it is a moot point because I've decided to take your advice and go for a dx6. it's $100.00 cdn more than the dx6e but it will be all the radio I'll need until l'm too old to fly
            Good choice and plan. I felt the same way when I got back into RC about 9 years ago. Started with a DX6i and never thought I'd need anything more. I'm on a DX8 G2 and just got a DX9. I thought I'd be done and dead by now. Life is always a surprise.

Comment

Hi there, me again. I just want to clear up a point that i missed in your reply. This is not confrontational. We are both Canadian so we know how to behave ourselves 😊. You seemed to imply that the dx6e still requires smart phone data transfer like my dxe. However I believe the dx6e has a built in 250 model memory and I'm still wondering if that radio would be adequate. My only interest is fixed wing. I have 1 plane with flaps (5 channel), the rest are 4 channel. I also believe the dx6e allows aileron/flap (flaperon) mixing which would be great to try on my big AstroHog.

Lastly, do you know if anyone has reported glitches with Admiral sp600 receiver and satellite in high vibration (glow and gas) environments? One of the guys is experiencing this in .61 powered plane. We've all checked his installation and he has nothing in the vicinity of his receiver or sat. His range check is 40 meters 360 degrees and his receiver is suspended in soft foam. We are stumped.

Thank you from Ottawa
              Robert

Comment

Hi there, me again. I just want to clear up a point that i missed in your reply. This is not confrontational. We are both Canadian so we know how to behave ourselves 😊. You seemed to imply that the dx6e still requires smart phone data transfer like my dxe. However I believe the dx6e has a built in 250 model memory and I'm still wondering if that radio would be adequate. My only interest is fixed wing. I have 1 plane with flaps (5 channel), the rest are 4 channel. I also believe the dx6e allows aileron/flap (flaperon) mixing which would be great to try on my big AstroHog.

Lastly, do you know if anyone has reported glitches with Admiral sp600 receiver and satellite in high vibration (glow and gas) environments? One of the guys is experiencing this in .61 powered plane. We've all checked his installation and he has nothing in the vicinity of his receiver or sat. His range check is 40 meters 360 degrees and his receiver is suspended in soft foam. We are stumped.

Thank you from Ottawa
                Robert
                Sorry if I gave the impression that the DX6e requires a smart phone APP. As you've already discovered, it doesn't. Being a programmable TX and can hold 250 model in its own memory, you don't need an APP. So, yes, it will serve your needs.
                As for the Admiral stabilized RX (SP600), there have been many reports of this product being less than desirable. High vibration applications are NOT good for any gyro and special attention must be given to how it's mounted, but in your case, it seems he's got it on a good base. It can't be too soft or it'll jiggle too much. I use 1/8" double sided sticky foam pads, but for a combustion type application, maybe even thicker is in order.
                Since you live in Canada, take a look at Great Hobbies. They sell the "Lemon" brand of RXs from which the Admirals were derived. They have been very trouble free. The equivalent Lemon is their stabilized 7-channel RX, for about $40.00 CAN. They are located in PEI and have stores in some major centers but online ordering is the way I buy stuff from them. They have a warehouse in Mississauga.

https://www.greathobbies.com/search/...rchButton=Find

Instruction manuals for these are usually not supplied with the product but you can easily download the manual from RC Castle in the product page for the same item.

Comment

Wow that's interesting. I knew that Admirals are made by Lemon but I was not aware of a difference between them. I'll pass that info on to our club mate and we'll see what happens. We do have Great Hobbies here in Ottawa but they are closed to move to a new location. Should be back up and running in about 3 weeks. I'm going to give him one of my Spektrum non AS3X receivers in the mean time.
                  Thank you for your gracious help and happy landings even in a "Clagary" winter. 😋

Comment

Wow that's interesting. I knew that Admirals are made by Lemon but I was not aware of a difference between them. I'll pass that info on to our club mate and we'll see what happens. We do have Great Hobbies here in Ottawa but they are closed to move to a new location. Should be back up and running in about 3 weeks. I'm going to give him one of my Spektrum non AS3X receivers in the mean time.
                    Thank you for your gracious help and happy landings even in a "Clagary" winter. 😋
                    Admiral added some additional programming and "features" to theirs over the standard Lemon product. In this sense, they are not exactly identical. It may be these additional features that has produced some ugly glitches.
                    You are very fortunate to have (or will soon have) Great Hobbies in your city. Buying online is my only way and they insist on adding insurance to every shipment, which raises the final price by several bucks. I have a GH in Edmonton, but I'm not driving 6 hrs (there and back) to get less than a hundred bucks worth of stuff.

"Calgary winters" are quite tolerable in terms of flying days. I fly primarily VTOL aircraft and water planes and big tired bush planes when the winds are calm and it's not colder than -5C. Last winter, I flew at least one morning every week. I hear Ottawa can be real nasty in winter.

Comment

So this morning our mate flew his big glow plane with my receiver ... same thing. So I went back out with him this afternoon and we bound it up to my tx. Rock solid!!! He needs a new radio!
                      Winter in Ottawa is a beatch if you get my meaning. The problem is the river, it's huge and it creates it's own micro climate all the way up the Ottawa valley. The river is open much of the way so it's very damp. I was born in North Dakota (dual citizenship), and winter there is colder but dry and much easier to tolerate. So what am I doing in Canada? Two words, General Custer. There was a campaign of genocide during the 1800's and Canada very kindly took many Lakota natives in including my family. My parents wanted me to have dual citizenship and the easy way to do that was to have me born on our traditional reservation. We are grateful to Canada for rescuing us and our proud heritage.

May the kind and gracious Creator smile on you.
                      Robert (Tewayigon Inini)

Comment

May the kind and gracious Creator smile on you.
                        Robert (Tewayigon Inini)
                        And to you.
                        I started flying about 9 years ago here: https://tsuutinanation.com/ The name of the club was in their language. I can't remember the spelling or how to pronounce it. Many of us learned how to fly there.
                        One of the band members ran the club. He was an avid RC guy. Unfortunately, the club has closed due to the nearby ring road through the reserve (Stoney Trail).

Comment

That is too cool. I'm 73, been flying 53 year's. It really is a small world. My Grandfather told me lots of wisdom. He used to caution me against resentment and hatred. He said we all bleed red under the skin, so we all are brothers

Comment

Working...
                          X