P-38 - The Ultimate EPO Lightning

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know if Horizon plans to put out a 9 channel variant of the AR630?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if Horizon plans to put out a 9 channel variant of the AR630?

Hey guys,

Love the AR630, but I have a model that's going to need more than 6 channels (I need 7 right now). Given that Horizon is so difficult to get ahold of, I'm curious as to whether anyone knows if there are plans to put out a 9, 10 or even 20 CH receiver with SAFE technology?

Thanks.

AR9350 has AS3X but not safe.
    AMA 424553

Comment

I can't answer your question directly, but if you specifically want/need SAFE but also need more than 6 channels, have you considered getting a normal 10-ch RX (like the Lemon 10-ch DSMX with sat.), binding both RXs and using the higher channels on the Lemon for the other stuff you need. In essence, the AS3X and SAFE only controls the 3 main control surfaces to do the job. If it's just AS3X (and not necessarily SAFE) that you want, adding a gyro to a high channel RX will also do the trick.

Comment

Hmmm. I’ll have to give that one some thought. All I need the extra channel for is brakes, so maybe I can just get a super simple four channel and somehow bind the brakes to that. I do like the “safety net”
        of SAFE, but I imagine after I get more back into the swing of things, I won’t need it. For now, it’s great peace of mind. I’ve tried the A3Super3 with sketchy results, and I can’t say I’m as sold on that gyro as much as I am AS3X. I had a very nice F4 turn into a lawn dart using (for the first and last time) an Admiral DSMX 10CH with an A3Super3 gyro. Intermittent signal right after rotation and it was all down hill from there.

I have had zero issues with Spektrum / AS3X.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcondriver View Post
          Hmmm. I’ll have to give that one some thought. All I need the extra channel is brakes, so maybe I can just get a super simple four channel and somehow bind the brakes to that.
          Your second RX MUST use channels 7 and up. It CANNOT use ch. 1 to 6. That's reserved for your SAFE RX. You can't drive 2 identical channels with two RXs.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Your second RX MUST use channels 7 and up. It CANNOT use ch. 1 to 6. That's reserved for your SAFE RX. You can't drive 2 identical channels with two RXs.
            Oh okay. I guess I need to get a better understanding of how all of this would work!

Comment

I can't answer your question directly, but if you specifically want/need SAFE but also need more than 6 channels, have you considered getting a normal 10-ch RX (like the Lemon 10-ch DSMX with sat.), binding both RXs and using the higher channels on the Lemon for the other stuff you need. In essence, the AS3X and SAFE only controls the 3 main control surfaces to do the job. If it's just AS3X (and not necessarily SAFE) that you want, adding a gyro to a high channel RX will also do the trick.
              The 6 channel as3x receivers listen to more channels than just the six. The old receiver listens to 9, and I'm pretty sure the new 637t with forward programming listens to 20. This means, assuming your transmitter is greater than 6 channel, that you can assign the gain adjustments to channels 7,8 or 9.

The 637T is the first receiver that is end user programmable for safe if desired. It is a great improvement over the old system. Forward programming is so much easier.

Comment

If you need more physical channels on the 637T, this could be your answer until HH updates their receiver line.

One of our guys is playing around with it and he's pretty impressed.

​​​​​​Safe mode, 10 channels, SRXL2 satellite remotes all off that 637T receiver. Pretty cool

Features 4 output channels 4.8 – 8.4V Multi-protocol Auto channel detection

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

The 6 channel as3x receivers listen to more channels than just the six. The old receiver listens to 9, and I'm pretty sure the new 637t with forward programming listens to 20. This means, assuming your transmitter is greater than 6 channel, that you can assign the gain adjustments to channels 7,8 or 9.

The 637T is the first receiver that is end user programmable for safe if desired. It is a great improvement over the old system. Forward programming is so much easier.
                  I did not know this about the 637T. Very interesting. I know that the Lemon stabilized RX can use a higher channel to control master gain even though that channel doesn't physically appear in the pins. Now, the next question would be regarding "Falcondriver's" need to control brakes. If there is no physical pins to plug the brakes into, how can he control them? I have no idea how this RX "listens" to 20 channels or how it can do stuff with them.

Comment

I did not know this about the 637T. Very interesting. I know that the Lemon stabilized RX can use a higher channel to control master gain even though that channel doesn't physically appear in the pins. Now, the next question would be regarding "Falcondriver's" need to control brakes. If there is no physical pins to plug the brakes into, how can he control them? I have no idea how this RX "listens" to 20 channels or how it can do stuff with them.
                    im thinking the serial extender is the short term solution. Unfortunately sold out right now.

I know with the iX20 there are some crazy mixes possible such as one switch function can be based on the state of a second switch. Although this is dark magic I have only seen one person attempt. Perhaps something there?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

im thinking the serial extender is the short term solution. Unfortunately sold out right now.

I know with the iX20 there are some crazy mixes possible such as one switch function can be based on the state of a second switch. Although this is dark magic I have only seen one person attempt. Perhaps something there?
                      You're right about it being "dark magic". AKA, "Voodoo" to me. Whenever I grease a landing and get the plane back without a scratch, I'm thinking I've got the rabbit's foot in the correct pocket, the horseshoe packed in the took box and a couple of 4-leaf clovers under my cap. These new fangled electronic gadgets have me mostly stymied. I'm really fortunate that I've got a simple gyro figured out.

Comment

The answer is yes. There will be an 8 channel as3x+safe receiver with forward programming.

Spektrum/Horizon just submitted it to the FCC for approval.

Here's a link to the manual
                        ​​​​​​
                        Receiver User Manual details for FCC ID BRWSPMAR8360T made by Horizon Hobby, LLC. Document Includes User Manual User Manual
                        Receiver User Manual details for FCC ID BRWSPMAR8360T made by Horizon Hobby, LLC. Document Includes User Manual User Manual.

Comment

Working...
                        X