X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum NX6 Charging issue

Three weeks ago I purchased a Spektrum NX6 transmitter, charged it up , set it up no problem. Went to charge it to go fly & when I plugged it in the Spektrum logo flashes on the screen, but the charge light doesn’t come on, left it plugged in for several hours, determined it wasn’t charging. Called Spektrum (Horizon) was told to send it in. They sent me a new transmitter. The second one is doing the exact same thing! Charged fine the first time, now won’t charge. Anyone had or heard of this issue. It’s Sunday so can’t call until tomorrow. Hard to believe the exact same thing is happening. Frustrating!

I just had the same thing happen on a brand new 2 day old NX6. Saw your post, Then decided to take and unplug the transmitter battery in the battery compartment, I plugged it back in and now it’s charging. The light is back on, I have no idea if that connection was loose and causing that problem but I would be interested to know what you found out from Horizon Hobby about this situation, I don’t know if this will last on mine or not, please keep me posted of what you figure out in case my self or others run into the same situation, thank you

Comment

Horizon tech acted like they had not seen the problem before. I tried unplugging the battery without success. Sent the 2nd one back for refund & went a different route.

Comment

Well, it seemed fine, but did it again. Unplugged battery, plugged back in and it worked again. Now last night put on charge, and green light came on, but it didn’t charge. Then it starts working again after I unplugged charge cord and then it worked. Looks like it is a spurattic type problem. Back to Hobby Shop it goes tomorrow.

Comment

They definitely have an issue!

Comment

This is literally my first time on this forum, but I am glad I found it. I got my NX6 today and I fell in love with it when I first saw. Then there was the charging issue. I have something to admit, I do actually work at Horizon....but I didn't want to bother my coworkers with something I could find on my own. Luckily I found this lovely forum. Unplugging the battery and plugging it back in worked perfectly for me, and I will see if its a permanent fix. I see now that this is an issue among other pilots as well and I feel like this is something that should be fixed. I am still a fresh employee at the company, but I may be able to reach out to someone and point out some of the issues other people are having as well. Maybe Spektrum will release an updated version. Thanks for your help! You guys are awesome!

Comment

After returning the first one for this issue I am having the same problem with the second one only difference is the first started having the issue the first day and the second one 2 weeks after. I am ready to take it back. Nothing like wanting to go out in the morning just to find your radio didn’t charge again. Unplugging the battery and plugging back in seems to be a short term fix. I also called and talk to horizon and they told me they never heard of the problem before me. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Comment

Disappointing for them to say they have never heard of this issue before, when we know better.

Comment

So I recently called again on the issue and this time I was told it wasn’t a software issue which means a software update won’t fix it and the fix is to unplug the battery and then plug it back in. Well I have done that several times and while it works for a charge or 2 I didn’t spend the money I spent to have a radio I have to babysit just to make sure it charges. But I was offered to warranty it replacing it with a new NX6. Unfortunately I don’t so the point in exchanging it for the same radio just to have the same problem. I am on my second one with the same problem. So am just supposed to hope the third one is a charm. I am hoping to just straight up return it which is unfortunate because battery issue aside I really like the radio. Anyone else get anywhere regarding the battery issue?

Comment

I was able to return mine & got a DX8.

Comment

Gentlemen I just purchased NX6. Trying my first charge , I plugged it in and it seems to be charging. How will I know when it is fully charged. Green charge light is on now.

Comment

Light should go out when charged.

Comment

SPEKTRUM NX6 CHARGING PROBLEMS

I also have exactly the same problem. Purchased it in November 2020 and have to unplug the battery then plug it back in to get it to charge. "NEW ISSUE NOW" It takes many attempts to get it to connect via WIFI and when it does it locks up and won't come out of loading unless I unplug the battery. The power button becomes locked out and it won't shut down. I was getting ready to buy an NX8 at the local hobby shop but I guess I'll hold off till this gets figured out. LOOKING FOR INPUT FROM OTHER PEOPLE dealing with warranty sucks.

Comment

Has anyone used an NX8 yet, just wondering if it has the same issues

Comment

Not the same problem but can’t find anywhere else. NX6 stuck on Loading Updates page. Had a lot of problems getting the radio to log in and now it’s stuck. Can’t go back or turn off radio. Can’t even disconnect battery as it seems to be hard wired in.

Comment

I received an NX6 for Christmas and have the same charging issue. When connected to a USB charger, the transmitter LCD display flashes the charging battery symbol but the green lightning bolt is not lit and the unit will not charge. After disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, the green lightning bold illuminates and the transmitter charges okay. Disconnecting the battery is not easy and I'm worried that I will eventually damage the connecter.

Another issue with the transmitter is that about 50% of the time when I power it up there are no audible beeps when navigating the menus. Even more concerning is that the transmitter powers itself down when I go to select an airplane model. The transmitter powers back up fine, with the typical beeps when navigating menus. Next step is to try to get the unit returned/replaced which hopefully will not be terribly time consuming. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by mgjk2016 View Post
                                  SPEKTRUM NX6 CHARGING PROBLEMS

I also have exactly the same problem. Purchased it in November 2020 and have to unplug the battery then plug it back in to get it to charge. "NEW ISSUE NOW" It takes many attempts to get it to connect via WIFI and when it does it locks up and won't come out of loading unless I unplug the battery. The power button becomes locked out and it won't shut down. I was getting ready to buy an NX8 at the local hobby shop but I guess I'll hold off till this gets figured out. LOOKING FOR INPUT FROM OTHER PEOPLE dealing with warranty sucks.
                                  This is my first post on the forum. I can relate to the updating by WIFI issue. I'm helping a friend who just got a new NX6 and every time we try to update, the TX freezes up and the only way to turn it off is to unplug the battery. POS TX. I was waiting to buy a NX8 also but I think I'll stick to my DX8 gen.1. This idea of having to unplug the battery is not only frustrating but who pays for a new battery if the wire breaks off of the connector? It seems Spektrum released the NX series too early..

Comment

Originally posted by smk99 View Post
                                    I received an NX6 for Christmas and have the same charging issue. When connected to a USB charger, the transmitter LCD display flashes the charging battery symbol but the green lightning bolt is not lit and the unit will not charge. After disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, the green lightning bold illuminates and the transmitter charges okay. Disconnecting the battery is not easy and I'm worried that I will eventually damage the connecter.

Another issue with the transmitter is that about 50% of the time when I power it up there are no audible beeps when navigating the menus. Even more concerning is that the transmitter powers itself down when I go to select an airplane model. The transmitter powers back up fine, with the typical beeps when navigating menus. Next step is to try to get the unit returned/replaced which hopefully will not be terribly time consuming. Sigh.
                                    To follow up on this:
                                    Updating the firmware from 3.0 to 3.03 fixed the charging issue. Horizon Hobby / Spektrum help was responsive and provided instructions on the update process which went well.

The radio still exhibited intermittent shutdown while navigating to select a different flight model. Horizon Hobby / Spektrum sent me a Fedex return label, I dropped the radio in the mail on a Friday and had a new replacement unit in my hands by the following Wednesday. This whole process was efficient, fast and relatively pain free, so they made me a lifetime customer. The new radio has performed flawlessly during a few dozen flights over the past 5 weeks.

Comment

I have the NX6. Purchased it in Jan. 2021 I think. I just checked and I have the 3.03 firmware update and have not had any charging issues (knock on wood). I was concerned about this as a friend of mine has a new NX6 and has had charging issues. He said he has done a couple of factory resets, which wipes out any loaded plane information. But, I guess if you back up everything to a SD card you should be able to reload it.

Comment

Just got the NX8 had problems downloading update lost signal....now it will not even turn on. Did the plug unplug thing, charged and still nothing. Seem after having some great products the nx series is a flop. I'm pissed.

Comment

Working...
                                        X