• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nx6 help needed

Have recently purchased an nx6
    i bought it along with e-flite focke wulf
    started from scratch creating model and binding
    I immediately started having warnings go off
    and servo flutter , have created this model and cleared it a bunch of times , tried binding a couple of different ways , still same issue ..... browning out and acting like in failsafe
    been on phone countless times with horizon , they had sent me new reciever, same problem, next it was esc , same problem,
    set transmitter back to factory specs . And also did a usb firmware update this past Saturday,
    called horizon for a model download of the focke wulf
    they don’t have one , but told me to use the p-51 model
    template , so imported it and bound plane
    next thing happened was warning alarms and same brownouts. Called again ,, and customer service said to eliminate some of my telemetry,,
    mat this point the rep kinda hung up on me , called back and prompt said they were closed,,,
    im very frustrated ,,, cause I just got back into the hobby . And this is damn difficult to figure out at 60 years old Any help appreciated

Might be time to go to your local hobby shop or your nearest flying club to get some hands on assistance. Things may have changed since you last were in the hobby. It could be something very simple that you're missing and having someone "in person" to guide you might be what's needed. Talking to someone over the phone or even over the internet may not convey all the details necessary to resolve problems.

Oh, and 60 ain't too old to figure this stuff out. I started well past that.

Comment

I appreciate all that
      but have already been there done that ,,
      have a couple other rtf planes with there own transmitters , no issues at all
      but thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mikemaine58 View Post
        . And this is damn difficult to figure out at 60 years old Any help appreciated
        Don't use age as an excuse. 60 doesn't even qualify for Medicare.

I'm 75 and recently taught myself CAD programming and C++

Comment

Originally posted by Mikemaine58 View Post
          I appreciate all that
          but have already been there done that ,,
          have a couple other rtf planes with there own transmitters , no issues at all
          but thanks
          The only other suggestion I can make at this time ............................. is to read the NX6 manual. It's impossible to know what it could be that's causing the problem. It could be something so seemingly insignificant that's it's easy to miss over the typed word.

Comment

Your right no issue with age
            but my general background is mechanical,
            installer and diagnoses of home standby generator systems

and yes I’m sure it is something that I have missed.

Comment

Ok guys
              latest report from horizon tech support was to create and bind with another plane . Which I have done ,, same results ,, signal brownout,, was told at that time to make contact and make arrangements to send transmitter back to repair center ,,
              so I have tried to reach out to tech support by way of phone and through website. , no response from horizon,
              kinda frustrated,, I’m being ghosted out
              spent 300.00 for transmitter. And have been through all this . Messing with it for 3 months , never getting to fly with it. Oh well

Comment

That's bloody disgraceful on HH's part.
                PS. I've heard too many bad stories of the NX series. I never became a fan of them because of those reports. Sure, we hear about what great transmitters those things from time to time, but just too many bad ones to ever appeal to me. I'll stick with the DX series. Same bad news on the IX series although I've heard HH has corrected much of the deficiencies with updates by now.

Comment

Well the nx6 finally made its way to horizon,
                  Turns out signal loss was from a faulty RF module
                  I got it back and it now works just fine , finally!!
                  thanks for all the help , and horizon came through after a boatload of calls and emails,

Comment

Working...
                  X