X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satellite receiver

hi guys. Watch tons of rc u tube stuff,, like it also not in a club here.... question being a satelite rx connected to a lemon receiver .. or better a lemon rx with a satelite rx conected.. is this simply improving reception or is there more to it..... it was in a al 37 from fwing

f4u ausie I can't answer to whether the remote sat rx's can do more than just a redundancy to improve reception. I do know some of them are more specific to using with telemetry. But I think improved reception is the main function. Maybe other people will chime in on the specifics.

I can say that I have installed them in a few of my planes. The criteria for deciding to use them, if they are big, fast, or expensive, I will install them. They are easy to install and bring peace of mind having antenna further away from the battery and esc. Cheers!

Comment

What SanExup said
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Are Spektrum/JR satellites compatible with Admiral receivers?

Comment

A satellite RX allows for coverage of more spatial planes (not the flying kind). You place the sat so that its antennas point in different directions from the main RX, usually 90 degrees. Also, if the main RX is a location that has a lot of electrical gear near it, a sat can be placed in a more isolated location.
          I believe that any DSMX sat is compatible with any DSMX main. You'll find out quick enough if the sat lights up when you bind both to the plane (now the flying kind). I don't think you should mix DSMX and DSM2.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl View Post
            Are Spektrum/JR satellites compatible with Admiral receivers?
            I have no idea, but it is relevant that spektrum sells 2 models of remote receivers. One uses xbus to connect to the main receiver, the other uses srxl2.

Any connections with a remote receiver will need to use the appropriate connection type.

Comment

Working...
            X