X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change the voice in my DX8/

I would like to get rid of the annoying British lady voice in my transmitter. I did the spektrum voice down load but that seems like it just has commands and my radio says them all in that annoying voice. Is there a way to change the one voice for another?

Unlike your Iphone, I don't think you can change the voice on your TX. About the best you can do is to make a bunch of your own sound files for all the voice alerts you want and load them into the TX. I think you can record your own voice or synthesize a voice to do those alerts. Quite tedious if you use a lot of alerts.
    PS. Personally, I like that voice (Kiwi or OZ) and have actually selected it in my Iphone over all the other available voices. However, I can see how some people could be irritated by it.

Comment

I dont think its a simple change like you say. It would be a lot of work to do all that and its not worth it. It just drives me nuts sometimes when a lot of things are going off at once with warnings and other things. I guess I will have to just adjust to it. Its not the worst in the world but I can find better. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Ain't nothing sexier than a female Oz or Kiwi voice... but to each their own...

Comment

Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
          I dont think its a simple change like you say. It would be a lot of work to do all that and its not worth it. It just drives me nuts sometimes when a lot of things are going off at once with warnings and other things. I guess I will have to just adjust to it. Its not the worst in the world but I can find better. Thanks for the reply.
          Well, at least it's not like that lady on the old Friends series - the one with that really irritating voice and irritating demeanor.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Well, at least it's not like that lady on the old Friends series - the one with that really irritating voice and irritating demeanor.
            Oh man, there are a lot of voices that could ruin a transmitter. Bobcat Goldthwaite, can you imagine his crazy voice telling you telemetry. Morgan Freeman would be a cool voice to have.

Comment

Working...
            X