X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral RX700T RSSI on Spektrum ix12

This is the first time I am using an Admiral receiver on a Spektrum radio. On my ix12, I did the telemetry auto-setup on my Admiral RX700T and it picked up everything except for RSSI signal strength and Holds and Frames. It has a default number of "32767" for Frames and Holds and it doesnt change. My RSSI meter at the top of my screen is greyed out, and when I try to do a range test, my RSSI is stuck on "0." I am not using the temp / RSSI cable, as the unit says it has a built in RSSI feature. Any ideas how I can get the RSSI to work, and if I can get it to correctly report Frame losses and Holds?

Motion RC support instantly said it wasnt a problem with the receiver, and that the ix12 he had wasnt charged, so he couldnt help me out and referred me to Spektrum support. Then, the Spektrum support told me that I had to contact Motion RC for support with that receiver, and they have failed to reply to my response seeking help to determine how to manually set up the RSSI if the auto-config isnt picking it up. Kinda feeling stuck at this point. I really dont want to fly my new A-6 Intruder until I can get these telemetry settings working. I am not sure if the Admiral receiver has Holds and Frame support, but it should have signal strength report, right?

I have no experience with the 700T or the IX12, only a DX8 and DX9, but could this be an item that you must go into the telemetry menu and actually "choose" it to be displayed?
    PS. I guess we have a different philosophy about this but when it comes to RSSI display, I so rarely even look at it. As long as the range test is good, I fly. I don't even look at the Holds/frame loss unless something weird happened and I don't look at it till I've landed. So the lack of these items on the display doesn't deter me from flying as a bad reading from these don't show up till the plane is already airborne. Pre-flight, on the ground, if they show anything "off", the range check should be the first clue.

Comment

I found a solution. I returned the Motion RC receiver, Gyro, and receiver satellite, and went with a Spektrum 8 channel with AS3X. I think that will be my solution for each plane in the future which doesnt already come with a Spektrum receiver installed.

Comment

Working...
      X