X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactic 850 Transmitter

I was thinking of buying the Tactic 850 transmitter from Motion and I noticed they were no longer showing it in their inventory, so l sent them a message and they replied that Hobbico is no longer making them. So I went to the Hobbico website and sure enough they have discontinued it. I hope they are planning a replacement I sure like the Tactic 650 I've had for four years.

I have two of them I train new pilots with (wireless buddy connection) and love them, I have a new Spektrum DX8 and a Futaba J8 but I mostly use the Tactics.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

We had no idea they were going to discontinue this radio as it was a fairly new release for them and seemed to work just fine. Not sure if there is any replacement in the near future coming from Hobbico.

Comment

Just seeing this now! This is disconcerting news...to hear that there are no more Tactic 850 Tx being made. I use one exclusively with Tactic Res' and have always had great reliability and performance from them. All my birds fly on Tactic gear.

Comment

I had bought a Tactic six channel computer radio, and I liked it a lot. The Tx was light and a good shape for a one hand grip for DLGs, I thought the sticks were as smooth as butter, switches seemed of decent quality, the link was bullet proof, the receivers would work perfectly on a 1S LiPo, and prices were very reasonable. The only thing lacking was flight modes (conditions). I was pumped for the 8 channel, as the prerelease advertising said it'd have flight modes, but when it came out it did NOT. I feel that flight modes are a necessity for any radio I buy, so I sold all my Tactic stuff and returned to Spektrum. Been happy so far. If Tactic would come out with an upscale 8 or 9 channel Tx with flight modes It'd be an attractive offering.

Comment

I may be wrong but it feels like Tactic is focusing on non-computer/simple radios or going away completely. We've decided we are no longer going to carry the brand because we don't want any more customers to buy into a brand which may not be around much longer. The Tactic product offerings are getting very thin and it is impossible to get a straight story about the brand. We hope to offer a better alternative soon.

Comment

It's sad they got away from the computer radios, I have two 850s that I use to train with (wireless) and probably 60% of my planes are on my Tactic transmitters...I also use a Futaba J8 and Spektrun DX8.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Man this really stinks I started out on tactic and still using them I also have spectrum. I guess as I get new planes they will be spectrum.

Comment

Tactic 850 for sale, off site. Just happened to spot this on RCG. This is not my sale, just posting in case anyone is interested.

Comment

It really is too bad. We initially had high hopes for the Tactic brand. At this point I'm not holding my breath for a brand turn around and we are investigating some better alternatives. More on that later.

Comment

Working...
                    X