You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hobby King Orange 6 channel receivers Good or Bad?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby King Orange 6 channel receivers Good or Bad?

Hi. I'd like to hear from HobbyKing Customers as I am ,depending on my needs.
    $12.00 for the receiver. I've been in the hobby .
    5 years . 58 years old an I feel a decent Set up guy for my planes . Usually $150.00 or less is my plane from the store limit.
    on average are these sucking, or working good for those of us interested in lower end electronics?. as well upper end spectrum of comparable receivers worth the money?.

tks for input.

I HAD a couple of these, I won't get any more.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

They can be hit or miss. Some work fine for years, and some fail outright. Personally, I've removed all of the oranges that were in my airplane after several incidents with them. I would highly recommend the lemon RX units as a much more reliable alternative for cheap receivers: http://www.lemon-rx.com/

Comment

I have had 9 bad and 1 good thus far. For me its a no go for me with orange . Now saying that I have gotten the Lemon receivers and thus far locked in with them. I have the 6 the 7 with gyro and the 10 channel all functioning fine and the response is awesome.

Comment

Thank all for input. I appreciate it

Comment

They do not work well with Spektrum Tx, I had 2 and lost both birds.

Comment

Tks for the input. I'll be selling mine on eBay, soon. An going another route. to bad, .

Comment

Get the lemon receiver, the work great and they are cheap. I buy the 7ch with the stabilizer built in

Comment

I have several in my planes and haven't had any problems. In fact, the only questionable receiver I have is a spectrum.

Comment

I have a question on this topic. Please. I was told, by a reputable source :Thinking:​​​​​​, the transmitter and receiver had to be from the same manufacturer. In fact I was told it was "common knowledge" :Scared:You're using Lemon receivers with what make transmitter?
                    When I bought my F-16 V2 I got a Tactic TTX650 and some 6ch Tactic receivers. Then I got the Eflite Opterra BNF with the Spektrum AR636 AS3X recv. I was told I had to use a Spektrum TX. So now I have a new, in the bag even, DX6. Was this a dumb purchase?:(

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                      I have a question on this topic. Please. I was told, by a reputable source :Thinking:​​​​​​, the transmitter and receiver had to be from the same manufacturer. In fact I was told it was "common knowledge" :Scared:You're using Lemon receivers with what make transmitter?
                      When I bought my F-16 V2 I got a Tactic TTX650 and some 6ch Tactic receivers. Then I got the Eflite Opterra BNF with the Spektrum AR636 AS3X recv. I was told I had to use a Spektrum TX. So now I have a new, in the bag even, DX6. Was this a dumb purchase?:(
                      Each manufacturer has its own transmitter signal protocol. Spektrum radios use a DSM2 (older radios) or DSMX protocol. Several 3rd part manufacturers including Lemon and Orange make receivers compatible with these protocols. So the answer is partially yes and no. You still can't use your tactic radio with DSMX/2 recievers though, so its a good thing that you have the spektrum radio system. One option is out there, if you wanted your to use your Spektrum radio with your tactic reciever though. Tactic makes an "Anylink" Adaptor: https://www.motionrc.com/products/ta...FQm5wAodHw4DDQ that will let you mod any other radio to talk to Tactic recievers.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Each manufacturer has its own transmitter signal protocol. Spektrum radios use a DSM2 (older radios) or DSMX protocol. Several 3rd part manufacturers including Lemon and Orange make receivers compatible with these protocols. So the answer is partially yes and no. You still can't use your tactic radio with DSMX/2 recievers though, so its a good thing that you have the spektrum radio system. One option is out there, if you wanted your to use your Spektrum radio with your tactic reciever though. Tactic makes an "Anylink" Adaptor: https://www.motionrc.com/products/ta...FQm5wAodHw4DDQ that will let you mod any other radio to talk to Tactic recievers.
                        Thank you F106. So my dumb purchase was the Tactic TX. Geez. I haven't even used it!:Crying:

Comment

Working...
                        X