X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spektrum AR635 with AS3X giro

Just purchased as 635 receiver with gyro. My question is when installed in aircraft does it have to be level on its gear or can it be place at the bottom of airframe
    Live Free or Die
    AMA # 1032582

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIyJl3B_rN6nOA_AiLQk8Bw/videos

FMS T-28 Trojan 1400
    FW  P-51 Old Crow 1400
    FW Pandora
    FW Mosquito
    Flyzone DHC2 Beaver
    Flyzone Tidewater
    Flyzone Corsair
    Eflite P-51 Mustang

Re: spektrum AR635 with AS3X giro

I have this receiver in my Parkzone T-28. I mounted it mid fuselage just behind the battery. It freaking
    works great ! I can fly it in winds that keep the big nitro birds (sans AS3X) on the bench.
    They are just flabbergasted when they see that little foamy plane flying on rails in 15+ mph winds ! <smiley image="anim_confused.gif"/>
    If your pack's not swellin, you're not gellin ...

Comment

Greetings Chevstar,

I askrd this same question of the Horizon Hobby folks and their response was;

"Just sitting the plane in its normal position on the gear will be fine for calibration, regardless of tail dragger or tricycle gear."

So, there you have it...... Hope this helps.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
      in Okla.

Comment

Thanks Roketeer. I installed in my Pandora low wing conf. This is simply amazing. Was flying in 15mph wind with no problem at all. One of my buddies decided to try his Carbon Z in the wind. It took everything for him to keep it airborne the landing was not pretty!! Everyone there was pretty impressed
        Live Free or Die
        AMA # 1032582

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIyJl3B_rN6nOA_AiLQk8Bw/videos

FMS T-28 Trojan 1400
        FW  P-51 Old Crow 1400
        FW Pandora
        FW Mosquito
        Flyzone DHC2 Beaver
        Flyzone Tidewater
        Flyzone Corsair
        Eflite P-51 Mustang

Comment

Greetings Chevstar,

That's out-standing!!

I am really anxious to try one of these myself.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
          in Okla.

Comment

Yes and that's why I put one in my P51, I want every bit of insurance I can get.
            As a matter of interest, what are you using for settings for gyro 'strength'

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Adjusting settings on this AR635 has been a challenge for me. Seems I have a difficult time with reading the flashing lights. Not sure I changed anything or not. Told myself to take a couple days off from messing with it....start fresh, and it will be all right!! :)
              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I had the same thing with mine, it was a bit challenging trying to keep the stick over to one side and plug in the battery to the receiver. Finally, I put an elastic band around the base of my antennae and used that to keep the stick over, it actually worked.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Bill,

I've put the AR635 in both of my 1100mm P-51D's. (Old Crow and Passion Wagon). It really has made a difference in taking off and landings. I have just left both of them on the default settings. I'm still flying my Freewing P-51D IronAss with the AR6210. The IronAss is so much more stable than my 1100mm Mustangs, that I don't have the desire right now to change my setup on it.
                  Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Working...
                  X