X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spektrum AR8010T Receiver problems

My new Spektrum AR8010T telemetry receiver has some problems.

1. The receiver will not bind unless the remote receiver is attached to the main unit. A personal discussion with Horizon Hobby technical advisor states, "Yes, this is normal." What kind of receiver has to have a satellite receiver to work?

2. The telemetry reading for receiver voltage in the Min/Max log screen is inaccurate on mine. To check the accuracy, I attached the Hangar 9 current meter in line with the gear lead to the receiver. When my Freewing Me 262 gear is activated, the receiver telemetry screen shows a drop to 2.5 volts. The Hangar 9 current meter shows the accurate voltage to remain above 5.0 volts. The Horizon Hobby technical advisor agrees this is "abnormal." Without the current meter attached, the telemetry still reads incorrectly to drop to 2.5 volts.

The receiver is powered by Castle Creations 10 amp BEC. The transmitter is the old Dx 8.

Anyone else with these findings?
    Bill

I've installed the AR6600T this year in a F-86 and haven't had any issues. I installed the receiver with the remote receiver. So I don't know if that would have been an issue with this receiver. I've checked to see how accurate the voltage reading is with a meter...no problem.
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

All Spektrum Rx's that have a satellite port do require the Satellite to be connected and bound. That is just the way Spektum elected to configure them(you can figure the marketing plan behind that idea).

Almost 2 years ago I walked away from Spektrum after having issues with two separate AR8000 units in which one cost me a $600 bird.
      Go with Lemon..... a 10 chan DSMX with satellite for under $30. And you do not need to use the satellite but why would you not. :Confused:
      Or the 7 chan with Stabilizer and Satellite for under $30
      Or the 6 chan w/sat @ $17.60
      Here's a link to the web retailer I get mine from:

Add the Telemetry for $34 to either of the previously mentioned and your still at better than half the price of the Spektrum telemetry integrated receivers. ;)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
        Almost 2 years ago I walked away from Spektrum after having issues with two separate AR8000 units in which one cost me a $600 bird.
        Go with Lemon.....
        I have had 3 AR8000 RX that lost me planes and one that is still working. I think those were problematic. I still have many Spektrum RXs in my planes but I won't buy them anymore. I only get Lemon now when I need more.
        I still use a Spektrum TX but I'd be curious what would happen if Lemon came out with their own TX. I'd say "bye-bye" to Spektrum.

Comment

My 8010T shows the same voltage (2.5v) on the telemetry screen on the A-10. I have a CC 20 amp BEC. It also showed a voltage of 7.6 for the max voltage... It was concerning, but there was no Holds or Fades and that should have happened if it did actually drop to 2.5v....

Comment

Not going to maiden it until this is sorted out. The voltage was read after a taxi test.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
              Not going to maiden it until this is sorted out. The voltage was read after a taxi test.
              Check your software version on your transmitter. Could be just a read out error. The "readme's" for the software updates will state what they've corrected. There has been read out errors on various telemetry functions for my DX18G2 till I updated to latest software,

Comment

I have a DX-9 original, but the software is updated to 1.11. Thanks for the response!! :-)

Comment

What is this Lemon upgrade change? Is it some kind of receiver compatible with Spektrum radios?

I currently have a X9303 and would like to get recei vers for it, but the AR6210 I find on Ebay seem to be all clones.

is my solution sell and migrate to Futaba?

what good rx should I buy for the tx I got?

Read the AR610 is a good Spektrum 6 channel receiver, about 40 dollars on Ebay.

Attached are receiver dsmx etc, do I need both to work? Or only the 6 channel rx?
                  this is so confusing, I am moving from frequ3ncy radios and all the satellite stuff I dont know what it is. And my rc cars is bind and drive...
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure what "upgrade" you are asking about. All Lemon RXs are Spektrum compatible. I've been using Lemon and their telemetry units for a couple of year now and have been very satisfied with those products. The satellite RX is simply an extension of the main RX to make it more of a "full range". I always use a satellite RX with my Lemon RX's to ensure I get the best reliable range possible. I have flown my planes to the limit of my eyesight on some planes without reception problems. I'm not sure about the JR radio. Is it a Spektrum radio? If so, then the Lemon products will work.
                    PS. You can use only the main RX by itself without the satellite, but I would consider this to be only a "park flyer" type of range even though they say the ones with the "diversity" antenna are full range by themselves. I recommend you use both the main and the sat. They're not that expensive. Just make sure that if the main is DSMX, the sat is also DSMX. Lemon sells DSM2 as well.

Comment

Thank you for the reply

The AR7010 receiver works w the tx I have, but the seller kept it. Its 7 channels and I dont need them, besides they cost 60 to 70 each.

If Lemon rxs work fine, which cost 1/3rd of the Spektrum 7 channel, then I'll go buy those instead.

This is all new to me, the lemon brand, orange brand, clone rxs. Its something never seen before on RC cars, besides there is not much to a 2 channel and hooking up a Flysky and out to the field.

My questions are about a affordable 5 or 6 channel to bind w my radio X9303, and which Lemon oe Orange to buy and not worry about connection/signal issues.

any help is appreciated

Comment

Horizon Hobby says your S9303 is no longer available but it does say it's DSM/DSM2 compatible. Is it DSMX compatible? I'm not that familiar with JR. You need to find this out. If it is then get the DSMX Lemon. If not, get the DSM2. Try one before you buy a bunch. I've used all the Lemon RXs, 6ch, 7ch, 8ch, 10ch, DSM2 and DSMX, all with the matched satellites and they all work very well. However, I have a Spektrum DX8G2.

Comment

I have a 9303. It is good to go with DSM2.

Comment

Stay with the DSMX technology if you can, there's a reason Spektrum moved to that from the DSM2. ;)
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

X9303 is DSM/DSM2 compatible only.

X9303 2.4 A/S Tx w/DSM 9 Ch Rx 4-821 Mode 2 JRP2910 JR Aircraft Transmitters Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                                X9303 is DSM/DSM2 compatible only.
                                I think you'll be just fine. I've never had any issues with the DSM2 RXs that I currently use. So, get the 6-ch DSM2 RX AND the DSM2 satellite RX (they can be bought as a set). The bare naked main RX is just fine. After connection, I just wrap it in electrical tape for a bit of protection.

Comment

Thanks Hardway, OV, Xviper, I will go ahead and order the LemonRx set. Cant wait and get rid off freq radios, they dont have any adjustment options. I have been flying with no expo, mix, anything, as crude and direct as it can be. The guys on the field let me fly one of their airplanes w high end radios, and it was amazing buttery crisp movements, no lag. So much easier to control the aircraft, besides that the sticks feel that one is holding a expensive piece of electronics, not a controller toy.

Comment

Working...
                                  X